Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What the hell do you do if Rodgers keeps playing like this? That contract is crippling if he's going to be an average QB.

First you try with a new coach. If he still won"t listen, bite the bullet and sit him for a few games. The guy is a competitor, I'm sure he'd value playing over anything else.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What the hell do you do if Rodgers keeps playing like this? That contract is crippling if he's going to be an average QB.

Get him a new scheme he buys into, maybe that will jump start him again. I mean what else you gonna do trade him? They just gotta help him at this point. Gute also needs to really bring it this offseason since he will have a lot of money to spend.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He needs something new. The endzone throw to Graham and the 2nd throw to MVS are the same high velocity, not set, dimes we've always seen. Talent hasn't gone anywhere.

Also average is way harsh. He hasn't been the highest paid player in the NFL good, but he's not the 16th best QB in the league. Somewhere from 6-10 so far.

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He needs something new. The endzone throw to Graham and the 2nd throw to MVS are the same high velocity, not set, dimes we've always seen. Talent hasn't gone anywhere. Also average is way harsh. He hasn't been the highest paid player in the NFL good, but he's not the 16th best QB in the league. Somewhere from 6-10 so far.

I disagree. He under threw numerous passes last night. Caused the WR to come back and fight thru a defender - when if he'd led them the chance for completion - or an easier completion would have increased. I'm not implying he's losing arm strength due to age or any such thing. I think it's mechanics. Hell - Brady delivers the ball with more force than AR has been.

He underthrew a wide open Davante along the sideline (the challenge flag completion/incompletion). Bounced the ball to him. Short armed the pass in the EZ - didnt follow thru with it and left it slow and short to the inside where the DB knocked it down. 

Listen, I'm not micro managing every pass from the guy and making a federal case out of it. There's a lot of factors that go into how the ball gets delivered - but I've got these observations (or feelings really) over multiple games. Be it knee origin - lack of planing his feet - I dont know - but his passes have been lacking IMO.

Now you feel he needs a new playbook or scheme. Fine. Unless it involves a short passing game - which frankly would be adviseable simply to get the ball out of his hand and keep him alive for longer (or the length of his contract at least). Our current OL is going to get AR injured. Heard last night he was pressured nineteen times.  19 times - and I dont remember seeing, reading or hearing about a ferocious NE DL / LBing crew - but 19 times is gonna put AR on the sideline.

I dont see "the play or route" as the problem.

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hope you can correct it in the offseason with a new HC and some a harsh talking by the forum posters here.

5 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

First you try with a new coach. If he still won"t listen, bite the bullet and sit him for a few games. The guy is a competitor, I'm sure he'd value playing over anything else.

Yes.

Just now, cannondale said:

Rodgers just had his first game without the brace, which means he's what, 80% ? I think he has earned a longer leash than he's getting here. Would you rather he just sat out the last 8 games ? SMH

But does that 80% account for mobility (?) or affect how he delivers a pass?

I'm not busting balls - but is he immune to observation? We cant even say with certainty that his "perceived issues" delivering the ball is caused by his knee injury. So what - we simply dont hold him accountable?

You ever watch ESPN Gamecast during a game? They have a method of showing a kickoff or punt. Its a graphic of an invisible ball that follows and "arc" - goes up - reaches a pinnacle and slowly comes down at its destination. A lot of ARs passes have that quality. They "float".  Brady's dont. Maybe its the pressure ARs under (and Brady isnt) thats causing him to chuck the ball with odd arm angles (and no shoulder) that accounts for the difference in how their passes look. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

But does that 80% account for mobility (?) or affect how he delivers a pass?

I'm not busting balls - but is he immune to observation? We cant even say with certainty that his "perceived issues" delivering the ball is caused by his knee injury. So what - we simply dont hold him accountable?

You ever watch ESPN Gamecast during a game? They have a method of showing a kickoff or punt. Its a graphic of an invisible ball that follows and "arc" - goes up - reaches a pinnacle and slowly comes down at its destination. A lot of ARs passes have that quality. They "float".  Brady's dont. Maybe its the pressure ARs under (and Brady isnt) thats causing him to chuck the ball with odd arm angles (and no shoulder) that accounts for the difference in how their passes look. 

If you are right handed, hit your left knee with a hammer. Now go outside and throw a football. Let me know how it goes.

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If you are right handed, hit your left knee with a hammer. Now go outside and throw a football. Let me know how it goes.

I never played QB - I was a RCB - but I threw a lot of footballs - and you wanna know what? I am right handed and I DID suffer an MCL sprain of my left knee. Sumbitch how 'bout that? Didnt involve a hammer - but it happened - and it didnt prevent me from pushing off my right foot and throwing the ball - not one bit. Not at all. Now again - I was never a QB - and it DID affect my mobility. I couldnt move left w/o stumbling or falling down. I couldnt cover. It took me off the field.

Archived