Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

3. Rodgers has started 31 of the last 48 games. Bulaga has started 29 of the last 48 games. It's ridiculous to act like Rodgers isn't just as injury prone as Bulaga at this point.

I know there is a need for some to keep emphasizing their favored narrative that Aaron Rodgers is to blame for the Packers' shortcomings.

However, making up "facts" does not really help those who want to absolve MM and the previous GM of responsibility for where the Packers stand.

By my count and including the playoffs, Rodgers has started 70 of the last 79 games since the 2014 season began.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

I just can't wait until the ESPN playoff machine comes back so I can show you all how we're going to win the Super Bowl by avoiding every team we can't beat in the playoffs.  Right now the only teams I don't see us capable of beating are the Saints and Chiefs.  

Rodgers is about to flip that R-E-L-A-X / Run the Table switch and give us our rallying cry, and we've got a shutdown corner, which is what we lacked with every other Rodgers Rally.

21 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I know there is a need for some to keep emphasizing their favored narrative that Aaron Rodgers is to blame for the Packers' shortcomings.

However, making up "facts" does not really help those who want to absolve MM and the previous GM of responsibility for where the Packers stand.

By my count and including the playoffs, Rodgers has started 70 of the last 79 games since the 2014 season began.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

You are correct, entirely my bad. I don't know why I was counting 2018 as a 16 game season. Let me refigure my numbers then:

Rodgers has started 31/40. Bulaga has started 29/40

Rodgers is injury prone, and also doesn't play well hurt.  Hurt =\= injured.

His play significantly declines when he isn't running around like an idiot.  He's not capable of reading defenses like a top 3 QB from the pocket and executing throws within the scheme.  When Rodgers has Philip Rivers mobility, he is much worse than Philip Rivers.

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just can't wait until the ESPN playoff machine comes back so I can show you all how we're going to win the Super Bowl by avoiding every team we can't beat in the playoffs.  Right now the only teams I don't see us capable of beating are the Saints and Chiefs.  

Rodgers is about to flip that R-E-L-A-X / Run the Table switch and give us our rallying cry, and we've got a shutdown corner, which is what we lacked with every other Rodgers Rally.

You need to be locked up in a padded room whether this happens or not :)

Just now, Norm said:

I just hate this commonly held belief that it can't happen.  I know it's not likely, but I also know it's more than possible. 

Think of the crap Eagles fans must have said after Wentz went down last year. 

Think of what Packer fans were saying in 2010. 

Think of what Giants fans were saying in 2007.

Then think of what Giants fans must have said to Giants fans who in 2011 said "Remember 2007." 

Who honestly believed that Joe Flucking Flacco would have done what he did. 

We've got a Hall of Fame QB who hasn't played his best football, a potential HOF LT, a top 5 ILB, a shutdown corner, a top five receiver, a solid running game and a defensive coordinator who has fielded a defense SIGNIFICANTLY better than the final scores have indicated.  To act like we've got no shot at all is just as bad as me claiming it's gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Come on Norm OP is the eternal optimist......no matter what side of the debate we're all on OP is always here to push on the troops to victory. For that reason I can get on board with him. Go Pack.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I just hate this commonly held belief that it can't happen.  I know it's not likely, but I also know it's more than possible. 

Then think of what Giants fans must have said to Giants fans who in 2011 said "Remember 2007." 

We've got a Hall of Fame QB who hasn't played his best football, a potential HOF LT, a top 5 ILB, a shutdown corner, a top five receiver, a solid running game and a defensive coordinator who has fielded a defense SIGNIFICANTLY better than the final scores have indicated.  To act like we've got no shot at all is just as bad as me claiming it's gonna happen. 

As a fan and just being there to support your team no matter what I applaud you sir. well said, i'll be on the sinking ship with you till the end:)

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

All absolutely true. Still you're looking at the far less likely outcome, but it's wrong to deny that it's still a plausible outcome.

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not *impossible* that the team runs the table. BUT - the Packers are running out of opportunities to do so. They need to get out of their own way starting with Miami.

Just now, Striker said:

It's not *impossible* that the team runs the table. BUT - the Packers are running out of opportunities to do so. They need to get out of their own way starting with Miami.

Yes.  They can lose one more game, and that loss is going to come in Seattle.  It's unrealistic to expect this team to fly all the way over there and beat the Seahawks. 

After the Hawks game, every other game is winnable. 

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes.  They can lose one more game, and that loss is going to come in Seattle.  It's unrealistic to expect this team to fly all the way over there and beat the Seahawks. 

After the Hawks game, every other game is winnable. 

I actually like our matchup against the hawks.  Against the vikings, not so much

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is that after the vikings d line snaps Rodgers in two? 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I actually like our matchup against the hawks.  Against the vikings, not so much

That's the one game I know Rodgers will play well.  Never won, then the injury.  He's making that stadium his home that night. 

Archived