Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

FS options for Sunday night via JSonline, no mention of Mr Jones

" Finally, the Packers had to weigh whether they could fill Clinton-Dix’s spot on the field this season.

The answer is that they have some options.

According to one NFC scout, their best choice might be to move veteran Bashaud Breeland to safety and have him work his way in with Jermaine Whitehead. Breeland is 6-foot, 194 pounds and not afraid of contact. He also has enough experience to understand Pettine’s system right away.

Another option would be move Tramon Williams inside. He played in a hybrid spot against the Los Angeles Rams and would be free to do that as long as rookie Jaire Alexander and second-year pro Kevin King play cornerback the way they did Sunday.

Finally, they could just move Whitehead there. He played extensively against the Rams, although his primary duties have been down in the box as a slot corner and inside linebacker. "

Here's a conspiracy theory I just whipped up.

What if Bashaud Breeland has been practicing at safety since he got to Green Bay???

What if the coaching staff told the players to be hush-hush about it, but that's why Ha Ha has been hinting at his imminent departure???

What if this is the real reason Breeland was inactive against the Rams—to not give anything away before the trade deadline + Pats game???

???

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Silverstein: So how do you expect NE to attack GB?
Butler: Play action, play action, play action....they do it all the time....James White's the guy....he should've been MVP of the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't be averse to throwing Jaire on White in surprise situations. 

19 minutes ago, Howler said:

If you read some of the patriot forums, they think they will humiliate the packers. 

They aren't realistic. I think it's a game both teams can very well win if they play well. 2 good to great offenses with 2 average defenses. A play here and there will probably decide it. Neither team has looked like a juggernaut, they both have shown some flashes though.

42 minutes ago, Howler said:

I wouldn't be averse to throwing Jaire on White in surprise situations. 

Well being a running back that might be kind of tough. He pops out into the slot though......
As for NE fans thinking they're gonna wipe the field with us - of course they do, they're NE fans.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

NE is a good team but are they better than the Rams?  I don't think so.  If we play like we did in LA Sunday night with few penalties and turnovers I like our chances.  

They are a different kind of team. Also, Patriots will have a big homefield advantage unlike LA where their fans suck. There's a reason NE pretty much never loses at home. Going to take a very good game by GB to beat them in Foxboro. 

On paper, the Patriots don't compare to the Rams at any position other than pretty much QB and TE. They also don't have Aaron Donald who single-handedly wrecked a few of our drives last Sunday. We match up well against NE, but NE plays well at home and rarely makes mistakes so we need solid execution and coaching across the board Sunday night. 

Look for Aaron Jones on the edge against their linebackers. He's going to eat them up if we catch them in the right look. There was a reason why they were asking about Jamie Collins. Their linebackers are bulky and stout, but can't really run. 

Archived