Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

So, I thought GB had zero chance against the Rams.  Said so many times.  I helped as best I could to jinx the Rams players.  Usually my fanduel guys stink and I get rolled in my office league.  So, I took Goff, Gurley, Cooks and Rams D.  Finished third out of 20 entries.  So, my jinx didn't work.

This week, my real thoughts are this...I think it is a coin flip game and the home team usually gets 3 points.  I'm going to go the other way.  I think GB wins this one...kind of easily.  NE is coming off of a short week.  Gotta think the Packers feel good about last week and they removed some baggage from their locker room.

I'm taking Brady, White, Gronk and the NE defense this week.  Edelman too if I can fit him in there.  So, I'll do my part.  I think GB has a nice opportunity this week.

Nothing will be easy about this game but if the Packers play like they did last week they will win.  They have the talent and ability to go on a real run here.  IF they play like last week.  That means Aaron Rodgers plays like we know he can for a full game.  The Patriots will get a full game from Brady, we need to match that.

Simply put, if the Packers bring the same intensity, confidence, and discipline to Foxborough as they did the LA Coliseum, they have a great chance at winning this game.  If they approach this game the way they approached the Redskins, they'll get laughed out of the building.

I really want to start this game on offense.  I hate starting the game on defense with our current team.  I feel like every first drive this season has started in points except for the Bills game, and I feel like our defense plays best when they know what they have to do to keep the game within reach.  Rams game kinda proved this. 

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So are the 0% teams eliminated already? If not, that graph is bunk.  Besides, the Saints should be at 0% too because they are going 0-17 on the season.  

0% is the differential on their playoff odds if they win vs lose.  Packers at 24% is 2nd only to the ravens 32%.

Eliminated or effectively eliminated teams have nothing to gain by winning or losing.  Bye week teams are at 0% because they aren't playing.

Anyway, the bottom of the chart explains how to read it.  That is the purpose properly formatted axes and legends.

Basically gives us over 50% odds to make playoffs if we win, and about 30% if we lose.

from PackersNews

Breeland ready to return kicks

Bashaud Breeland was signed for his coverage and ball-hawking ability as a cornerback, but with the trade of Ty Montgomery on Tuesday, the Packers may need some help on kick returns. And the fourth-year pro out of Clemson said he’s ready to field kicks if needed.

The 26-year-old averaged 20.8 yards per return on 10 kicks in Washington last year, with a long of 35 yards. He returned just one kick in 2016.

“I did it in Washington and don’t mind doing it here, either,” Breeland said. “I don’t mind getting on the field.”

He said the hamstring injury that popped up after he was signed has healed fully and he’s ready for anything defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has in store for him, at any position in the secondary.  “It’s lot of moving parts with this defense,” Breeland said. “A lot of people be put in different positions at all time. Since I’ve been here I’ve worked a little bit of everywhere; in different spots so I have to know it. So ain’t no really set position for me, I’m just trying to find my niche and find where I can help this team.”

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

from PackersNews

Breeland ready to return kicks

Bashaud Breeland was signed for his coverage and ball-hawking ability as a cornerback, but with the trade of Ty Montgomery on Tuesday, the Packers may need some help on kick returns. And the fourth-year pro out of Clemson said he’s ready to field kicks if needed.

The 26-year-old averaged 20.8 yards per return on 10 kicks in Washington last year, with a long of 35 yards. He returned just one kick in 2016.

“I did it in Washington and don’t mind doing it here, either,” Breeland said. “I don’t mind getting on the field.”

He said the hamstring injury that popped up after he was signed has healed fully and he’s ready for anything defensive coordinator Mike Pettine has in store for him, at any position in the secondary.  “It’s lot of moving parts with this defense,” Breeland said. “A lot of people be put in different positions at all time. Since I’ve been here I’ve worked a little bit of everywhere; in different spots so I have to know it. So ain’t no really set position for me, I’m just trying to find my niche and find where I can help this team.”

“At any position in the secondary” is interesting wording

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Simply put, if the Packers bring the same intensity, confidence, and discipline to Foxborough as they did the LA Coliseum, they have a great chance at winning this game.  If they approach this game the way they approached the Redskins, they'll get laughed out of the building.

Green Bay had the luxury however of having two weeks off to get ready for the Rams.....This and they got some people back (Allison and Cobb)....Losing the way they did could also have a negative affect.....Brady can be beaten, especially when he's pressured....If the defense can mix things up (ala the L.A. game), it would certainly be a benefit.....

Archived