WEEK 8 GB vs LAR post game discussion (L 27-29)

squire12

Thought a post game thread was in order.  

Positives

- Jaire Alexander is going to be a very good->great player.  

- Kenny Clark is playing some really good football.  Becoming more of an interior pass rusher

- Kevin King...if he can stay healthy...is developing into a really good CB

- MVS and EQ have shown they can make some plays at WR

- Aaron Jones is a dynamic RB.  The RB rotation needs to be Jones and Williams.

-Adams is having a fantastic season.  He needs more targets

- Martinez ... if kept clean can be a side line to side line LB.  He does have his shortcomings, but is a + player.

Negatives

-  IOL got manhandled today

-OLB/Edge rush is non existent

-  Offense needs to sustain drives and find an identity.  52 plays is just not enough.  LAR had 70 plays.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Thought a post game thread was in order.  

Positives

- Jaire Alexander is going to be a very good->great player.  

- Kenny Clark is playing some really good football.  Becoming more of an interior pass rusher

- Kevin King...if he can stay healthy...is developing into a really good CB

- MVS and EQ have shown they can make some plays at WR

- Aaron Jones is a dynamic RB.  The RB rotation needs to be Jones and Williams.

-Adams is having a fantastic season.  He needs more targets

- Martinez ... if kept clean can be a side line to side line LB.  He does have his shortcomings, but is a + player.

Negatives

-  IOL got manhandled today

-OLB/Edge rush is non existent

-  Offense needs to sustain drives and find an identity.  52 plays is just not enough.  LAR had 70 plays.

I think Gute nailed the draft pretty good.  We are going to have red chip players from this year's haul.  Sure beats the previous few drafts where we now have little to show.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Game proved to me we've got a chance at making a run in the playoffs if we just add a player or two.  

I think we can make a run without adding any players, but we have to stay healthy, and we have to make the playoffs.  Reminds me of 2010 season.

The young players are coming around, looks like we can play with anybody if we don't beat ourselves, so I think we still have a shot at the division.

We just need to stop beating ourselves.

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think we can make a run without adding any players, but we have to stay healthy, and we have to make the playoffs.  Reminds me of 2010 season.

I agree completely, but more players certainly wouldn't hurt.  

Even if we just trade our own players to make a statement of sorts, I don't want the deadline to pass without us making a trade.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The young players are coming around, looks like we can play with anybody if we don't beat ourselves, so I think we still have a shot at the division.

We just need to stop beating ourselves.

I agree this has a 2010 feel to it like the game at Atlanta in the regular season. Green Bay found out they can play with anybody. Just got to get into the playoffs and see what can happen.

there was a ton of stuff that has me more excited for the packers than i've been in like 4 years. feel considerably better about this team going forward than i did like 6 hours ago. hope mccarthy is gone next year. 

get an infusion of young talent at OLB, OL, S and we're sitting super nice. next year is the year. 

5 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

next year is the year. 

Lol.  No it won't be if we fire McCarthy.  Name the last time a first year head coach won a Super Bowl.  Doesn't happen.  

Mike McCarthy is our best shot at winning a Super Bowl over the next two years.  You fire him at the end of this season and it's two years minimum before we win.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  No it won't be if we fire McCarthy.  Name the last time a first year head coach won a Super Bowl.  Doesn't happen.  

Mike McCarthy is our best shot at winning a Super Bowl over the next two years.  You fire him at the end of this season and it's two years minimum before we win.

Again, I think you're making statements off of historical trends that we don't have enough sample size to be making a declaration on.

You typically don't see new head coaches take over teams this ready to contend. 

Archived