Trade for Bridgewater and move Bortles to TE

Duuuuuvaal

I’m not even joking. If I were gm I wouldn’t hesitate to give up a 2nd round pick in next years draft for Teddy.

The thing is Bortles is an awesome person and a great team mate. It just sucks when TJ Yeldon consistently is our top receiving threat and I think it may be an indication of Bortles being gun shy. There was a pass too Moncrief today where he had nothing but green in front of him but Bortles just overthrew him probably because he was scared of underthrowing it and making it a contested ball. Same thing to the end zone pass that Chark dropped.

Bortles doesn’t want to let this team down and knows he doesn’t have to do a lot to get this team wins and we saw that last year. But he’s turning into Alex Smith with bad luck and questionable throwing mechanics.

The dude is so athletic though and played TE in high school and started out at UCF as a tight end. I know there is a huge learning curve switching positions in the nfl but I honestly think he would be an immediate upgrade over anyone we are currently trotting out there at TE.

Bridgewater is just a gamer who I have always been a huge fan of and I was surprised Minnesota gave up on him. I think  New Orleans knows what they’ve got though and the might want a steep price but I think you gotta make a move for this season while we still have all them alphas on the d line. 

I think he gives us the best chance. Obviously with the o-line issues and the hole we have dug ourselves into record wise it will be hard no matter what. But I don’t think it would be that hard for Teddy to learn the playbook and build chemistry with the team. I’m sure the concepts we are running aren’t that foreign to him or any qb it’s just a matter of learning the terminology. 

Being down two games to the Texans is not a death sentence. Bridgewater would make teams respect the pass and drastically change the effectiveness of this offense. Also I really think Bortles would improve the offense by moving to tight end. I know that sounds dumb but it’s very possible. We’ve seen Pryor make the switch to wr and be effective and I think Bortles could do the blocking that is asked out of tight ends. We could even run jet sweeps and tight end passes with him. Plus I think there’s a chance Bortles would welcome this role with what he said about being a scapegoat as the qb. Let him finish this year on this contract and rework it afterwards or cut him. Our window is now because this teams stength is defense and we are losing key pieces next year. If we continue trotting Bortles out or Kessler then the season is most certainly done and we are in for several more miserable seasons barring a great draft class next year. On the flip side making this move sends a message to everyone that the time is still now and it will light some fires under peoples *****. To me mortgage the future now and give the fans a chance at the Super Bowl they deserve. 

Also I don’t agree with trading Fowler because the value he gives us is for this one year is worth more than he would return in trade value. Don’t forget we still get a compensatory pick if/when we lose him in free agency 

13 hours ago, pwny said:

There's zero reason to make a trade, unless it's trading Fowler or another expiring contract to a team that wants them. This season is done, and not even Tom Brady could come in now and save it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this part. Everything else is spot on. 

10 hours ago, Jags said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this part. Everything else is spot on. 

With an 0-2 record in the division right now, we’re going to need to go 7-1 from here out to make the playoffs imo. I don’t see even Brady coming in, adapting to the playbook that quickly and taking this flawed roster to 7-1 with some of the games we have left on the schedule.

Bortles isn't just going to switch to TE mid-season and be anything other than completely detrimental.  Realistically, he's never going to be an NFL caliber TE at this stage in his career.  He is what he is.

Also really skeptical that a guy like Teddy could come in and carry this team on a huge run to not only make the playoffs...but actually accomplish anything there.  Not with this roster.

As frustrating as it is, this team probably needs to be looking at "selling" this deadline, to at least try to set up better for next season where we'll have key players a year older and a bit of a cap mess to contend with...but at least we'll have a chance to try to reset and build up the sort of depth and offensive weapons we should've had this year in the first place.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:20 PM, pwny said:

There's zero reason to make ay trade, unless it's trading Fowler or another expiring contract to a team that wants them. This season is done, and not even Tom Brady could come in now and save it.

This

The way the OL is now anyone would get killed. Might as well throw Kaep out there and see just how much he wants to play football behind a bad OL

Archived