QB of the Future

Lil' Shorty

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If it was a RB, then I would agree. 

But not like Bama has churned out pro QB after QB to make you say it's a system thing...

I was thinking the same thing

RB, DL I can see being a product of Bama

but QB is different

if anything Jaylon was the Bama product QB

Tua's talent earned him that job

32 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

My question is can you trade Jameis to the giants for a 2nd in 2019 and 2nd or 3rd in 2020. 

Then turn around and trade a pick for Carr? If we’re going to be 8-8 Bc I believe with fitz we can be. 

I haven’t been a fan how Carr has played lately the past two years. Id rather take a flier on nick foles in FA. 

Pretty sure everyone will agree Carr >>> Jameis, right? I mean, I have no idea what Jameis' trade value is right now. In my mind he's a backup QB with character issues, worth a 4th-5th round. But thinking of Garroppolo going for a 2nd last year makes me think Carr won't need to go for higher than that? Even though Jimmy G was unproven, and Carr has many starts and proven success under his belt. I don't know what has gone wrong in Oakland to where people don't like him much anymore...

But I don't want Foles, I don't think he'd be an improvement over Fitz, and definitely not a long term franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Pretty sure everyone will agree Carr >>> Jameis, right? I mean, I have no idea what Jameis' trade value is right now. In my mind he's a backup QB with character issues, worth a 4th-5th round. But thinking of Garroppolo going for a 2nd last year makes me think Carr won't need to go for higher than that? Even though Jimmy G was unproven, and Carr has many starts and proven success under his belt. I don't know what has gone wrong in Oakland to where people don't like him much anymore...

But I don't want Foles, I don't think he'd be an improvement over Fitz, and definitely not a long term franchise QB. 

I mean it’s not that I don’t agree with you.  Carr is better than Jameis. But is Carr a long term solution ? There’s a lot of problems in Oakland but Carr struggled last year too. I’d have to dive into film and watch to see exactly the issues if they’re on Carr before investing a first rd pick  

Is tua a top prospect in 2020 where id be ok with a veteran stop gap? That’s the scouts job to research.  As well. 

To comment on Jameis trade value I agree but there may be acHC out their who thinks they can work with what Jameis has shown that’s positive and give up a 2nd. 

9 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Carr and Jameis are darn similar

turnover prone

bad reads

bad decisions

immense potential

great games followed by terrible ones

I wouldn't say that he's turnover prone, granted Jameis has skewed our thoughts on that. 

Carr through his career has a 2.1% INT %, Winston is 3.2.  Winston has 2 more INT's than Carr in 900 less attempts. 

Same amount of Fumbles

Here's some comparison stats as well.

Cmp % Carr 62.4 / Winston 61.2

YPG Carr 242.3 / WInston 261.6

Also keeping in mind that Carr in 20 more games.

While he isn't as big of a concern with turnover as Winston is, he still hasn't been the same player since the injury, he plays scared but this last week he seemed a little more confident.  It might be that he needs a new change of scenery.  Not sure he's the long term answer, feel like we would just always hover around a 8/9 win seasons with him.  Won't win games for us but wouldn't really lose them us like Winston. 

27 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I mean it’s not that I don’t agree with you.  Carr is better than Jameis. But is Carr a long term solution ? There’s a lot of problems in Oakland but Carr struggled last year too. I’d have to dive into film and watch to see exactly the issues if they’re on Carr before investing a first rd pick  

Is tua a top prospect in 2020 where id be ok with a veteran stop gap? That’s the scouts job to research.  As well. 

To comment on Jameis trade value I agree but there may be acHC out their who thinks they can work with what Jameis has shown that’s positive and give up a 2nd. 

Would think somewhere like Miami or Jacksonville where there's a decent staff (Miami) or better supporting defense and running back(Jax).  Who knows maybe Gruden thinks he can fix Winston.

11 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Would think somewhere like Miami or Jacksonville where there's a decent staff (Miami) or better supporting defense and running back(Jax).  Who knows maybe Gruden thinks he can fix Winston.

You do know that right now Jameis is worse than Bortles right? 

51 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

yes but does he offer more "potential" to a team that thinks they can fix him, where with Bortles, Jacksonville knows what they're getting. I'm just thinking of places that could make a move, not giving anything big.

They know what they’re getting and it’s better than Jameis Winston. They went to an afc title with him as their qb. 

Teddy Bridgewater’s contract is up at the end of this year. If his agent catches wind of Tampa willing to give him a 3 year $45M contract to compete to start I’d have to think he walks from New Orleans. He doesn’t seem to fit the mold of a downfield passer that could really utilize Evans, Jackson, Godwin, and Howard but who knows. Ultimately it depends on who the GM and HC are but Bridge seems like a decent Bridge QB that might actually get us to the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Teddy Bridgewater’s contract is up at the end of this year. If his agent catches wind of Tampa willing to give him a 3 year $45M contract to compete to start I’d have to think he walks from New Orleans. He doesn’t seem to fit the mold of a downfield passer that could really utilize Evans, Jackson, Godwin, and Howard but who knows. Ultimately it depends on who the GM and HC are but Bridge seems like a decent Bridge QB that might actually get us to the playoffs.

He’s an option as a stop gap, definitely.

You do have to wonder whether he’s mentally cooked given how horrible his injury was, though.

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

He’s an option as a stop gap, definitely.

You do have to wonder whether he’s mentally cooked given how horrible his injury was, though.

How good is the knee?  I remember Bowers coming into the league with knee issues, which the thought was would shorten his career.   Teddy almost lost his leg, his knee damage was catastrophic.  Team physicals are very subjective.  Mentally and physically he has huge questions.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

How good is the knee?  I remember Bowers coming into the league with knee issues, which the thought was would shorten his career.   Teddy almost lost his leg, his knee damage was catastrophic.  Team physicals are very subjective.  Mentally and physically he has huge questions.  

At least Teddy B plays the only position that can get away with not running around every play. As long as he can move laterally sometimes, he'll be alright.

24 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Saints gave up a 3rd for him. Are they going to let him walk? 

Brees has another 2-3 years there for sure. But they might re-sign Teddy for a backup. Even though Taysom Hill is a beast, I don't think they're comfortable with him alone as the regular backup QB. 

Archived