NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Congrats @champ11, ya'll about to be scary with Bol and MPJ!!!!

Really though, like these high risk, high reward type of picks from the Nuggets in back to back years. 

Yeah man. That's the way to approach the 2nd round. Nuggets took Vanderbilt and Bol in back to back years...lottery talents that slipped due to injuries. And of course MPJ.

I don't really believe Bol can have a successful career w/ the body concerns, but who knows. The skill is pretty crazy 

What do you think about Bol @Utley

23 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah man. That's the way to approach the 2nd round. Nuggets took Vanderbilt and Bol in back to back years...lottery talents that slipped due to injuries. And of course MPJ.

I don't really believe Bol can have a successful career w/ the body concerns, but who knows. The skill is pretty crazy 

Who in the NBA can stop Bol's jump hook? That's a really good weapon he has. 

3 hours ago, FinSting said:

Who in the NBA can stop Bol's jump hook? That's a really good weapon he has. 

No questioning his skill on offense, but defense is a question mark. He can protect the rim, but we know a center has to do so many different stuff on D now in order to not be a liability.

More importantly, and what has to be the reason he fell, is the foot though. Can’t get that hook off from the bench. A 7 footer who is very underweight already dealing with foot trouble? I can only assume by the slide that it hasn’t been a great recovery either.

Stoked by the pick, you never see 7 footers with this kind of HS hype and productive college play (albeit brief) at 44, but of our 3 young injured HS stars, I think Bol is probably least likely to be relevant.

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He’s also 2 years older and has less upside. 

Huerter was better as a freshman. He's a better shooter. He's a better playmaker. He's a smarter player.

And he's not 2 years older. He's almost exactly 1 year older.

Huerter is already better and still has more upside.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Huerter was better as a freshman. He's a better shooter. He's a better playmaker. He's a smarter player.

And he's not 2 years older. He's almost exactly 1 year older.

Huerter is already better and still has more upside.

He said DeAndre Hunter/Cam Reddish. Misread your post. Still think Reddish has more potential than Huerter though, he can be PG13 lite if he reaches his upside.

Edited by NYRaider

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:
17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Brief me, any chance he can be a role player? 

Dude was getting buckets at the college 3x3 tourney. I think their team won it too. Tho I thought his teammate looked like more of an NBA player.

I just realized you guys also drafted his teammate that I was talking about in Brantely. Dude is like Semi Ojeleye. Probably a cleaner athlete than Semi too.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I just realized you guys also drafted his teammate that I was talking about in Brantely. Dude is like Semi Ojeleye. Probably a cleaner athlete than Semi too.

Brantley reminds me of a Jae Crowder/Paul Millsap hybrid. 6'7" 255 with a 7'2" WS, legit NBA athleticism, and some range on his jumper. 

i did less draft research this year than any other prior year. but i did briefly look at all the guys in the 1-24 range on most mocks. 

since the magic drafted chuma okeke i've spent a bit of time watching him... besides the ACL, I don't see why he wasn't an obvious lotto pick.. especially in this class. he's like surprisingly really good imo & i can't tell if i'm just drinking the kool aid on his pro's, but i think it's incredibly unlikely he isn't a useful NBA player for the next decade barring a career-long battle w/ knee issues 

what were other's thoughts on him through the process? for the guys that look into this heavy

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

i did less draft research this year than any other prior year. but i did briefly look at all the guys in the 1-24 range on most mocks. 

since the magic drafted chuma okeke i've spent a bit of time watching him... besides the ACL, I don't see why he wasn't an obvious lotto pick.. especially in this class. he's like surprisingly really good imo & i can't tell if i'm just drinking the kool aid on his pro's, but i think it's incredibly unlikely he isn't a useful NBA player for the next decade barring a career-long battle w/ knee issues 

what were other's thoughts on him through the process? for the guys that look into this heavy

The next MJ