7 to 9 wins becoming more plausible

Wyld Stallyns

It’s just the Bills and Raiders. For the love of god don’t make it out to more then what it is, right? 

Last week the Colts has their most dominant performance to date. Outright controlling the game from start to finish.

But it was the Buffalo Bills who were without there starting QB, and depending on a QB who was signed just a few weeks earlier to guide them to a win on the road. A couple deflected passes hit the ground and a few fumbles get recovered by Bills players and we aren’t seeing a 32 pt drubbing. 

The Raiders had their way with the Colt’s defense. This defense is the one we saw for the past 2+ seasons. Very little pass rush (no sacks, no TFL) and until the 4th quarter no impactful defensive plays. 

But the offense kept on churning, kept us in the game and when the defense finally did what they’re supposed to the offense put the game away. 

Colts broke a couple records today. 

1) Adam Vinatieri (2550) passed Morten Anderson (2546) for most points scored all time. 

2) New NFL record - First time in NFL history a team had passing TDs to 3 TEs in a single game. (Mo Alie-Cox, Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle) 

Oh and by the way, the Colts OL allowed 0 sacks for the 3rd consecutive game.

Marlon Mack had over 100 yards rushing for the second consecutive game (last time was Joseph Addai/2007) 

Colts ran for 222 yards giving them 2 consecutive games of over 200 rushing yards (220 last week)  

Mack 25/132/2

Nyheim Hines 11/78

Jordan Wilkins 2/14

Luck 2/-2 (both kneel downs) 

At the beginning of the season I looked at us being 3-5 at this point of the season. Switch the Redskins win for a win against the Bengals or Texans. Voila. But my predictions for the rest of the season only saw wins coming from a potential split with Tenn, maybe Texans and Cowboys and Giants back to back home games. 7 wins.  

I got a little amped up with our win against the Redskins because I could see us winning 3 in a row with Houston, Buffalo and Oakland. Instead we hit the injury bug and at the same time the Texans starting to get over whatever funk they were in the first few weeks and now look like a more formidable opponent. 

Schedule as follows 

Week 9 BYE Week 

Week 10 Jacksonville HOME

Week 11 Tennessee HOME

Week 12 Miami HOME 

Week 13 @ Jacksonville 

Week 14 @ Houston 

Week 15 Dallas HOME

Week 16 NY Giants HOME

Week 17 @ Tennessee 

we could potentially win 2 of the next 3 games and beat Dallas and the Giants and finish with 7 wins minimum. The chances of splitting with Jacksonville Tennessee and Houston are still good. 5 of the remaining 8 games are home games. 

Or for what it’s worth, it was only the Bills and Raiders and we end up with 5 wins.  

You have Weeks 14 and 17 mixed up. 

Every single game there is a very winnable one, but in the end I don't think our defense, specifically our pass defense is good enough to consistently win these games. We just gave up 42 points to the Jets of all teams three weeks ago. I see us finishing at 7-9.

1 hour ago, rich homie said:

You have Weeks 14 and 17 mixed up. 

Every single game there is a very winnable one, but in the end I don't think our defense, specifically our pass defense is good enough to consistently win these games. We just gave up 42 points to the Jets of all teams three weeks ago. I see us finishing at 7-9.

I sure do, must have accidentally got mixed up with 10-11 and copied it to 13-14

And I agree, our pass rush isn’t very consistent and will be a hinderence to us sooner rather then later. 

14 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

It’s just the Bills and Raiders. For the love of god don’t make it out to more then what it is, right? 

Last week the Colts has their most dominant performance to date. Outright controlling the game from start to finish.

But it was the Buffalo Bills who were without there starting QB, and depending on a QB who was signed just a few weeks earlier to guide them to a win on the road. A couple deflected passes hit the ground and a few fumbles get recovered by Bills players and we aren’t seeing a 32 pt drubbing. 

The Raiders had their way with the Colt’s defense. This defense is the one we saw for the past 2+ seasons. Very little pass rush (no sacks, no TFL) and until the 4th quarter no impactful defensive plays. 

But the offense kept on churning, kept us in the game and when the defense finally did what they’re supposed to the offense put the game away. 

Colts broke a couple records today. 

1) Adam Vinatieri (2550) passed Morten Anderson (2546) for most points scored all time. 

2) New NFL record - First time in NFL history a team had passing TDs to 3 TEs in a single game. (Mo Alie-Cox, Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle) 

Oh and by the way, the Colts OL allowed 0 sacks for the 3rd consecutive game.

Marlon Mack had over 100 yards rushing for the second consecutive game (last time was Joseph Addai/2007) 

Colts ran for 222 yards giving them 2 consecutive games of over 200 rushing yards (220 last week)  

Mack 25/132/2

Nyheim Hines 11/78

Jordan Wilkins 2/14

Luck 2/-2 (both kneel downs) 

At the beginning of the season I looked at us being 3-5 at this point of the season. Switch the Redskins win for a win against the Bengals or Texans. Voila. But my predictions for the rest of the season only saw wins coming from a potential split with Tenn, maybe Texans and Cowboys and Giants back to back home games. 7 wins.  

I got a little amped up with our win against the Redskins because I could see us winning 3 in a row with Houston, Buffalo and Oakland. Instead we hit the injury bug and at the same time the Texans starting to get over whatever funk they were in the first few weeks and now look like a more formidable opponent. 

Schedule as follows 

Week 9 BYE Week 

Week 11 Tennessee HOME

Week 12 Miami HOME 

Week 13 @ Jacksonville 

Week 14 @ Houston 

Week 15 Dallas HOME

Week 16 NY Giants HOME

Week 17 @ Tennessee 

we could potentially win 2 of the next 3 games and beat Dallas and the Giants and finish with 7 wins minimum. The chances of splitting with Jacksonville Tennessee and Houston are still good. 5 of the remaining 8 games are home games. 

Or for what it’s worth, it was only the Bills and Raiders and we end up with 5 wins.  

Also lets add.....first back to back wins since 2015. 

"The Raiders had their way with the Colt’s defense. This defense is the one we saw for the past 2+ seasons. Very little pass rush (no sacks, no TFL) and until the 4th quarter no impactful defensive plays. " I agree. I think Hooker's absence played some into having soft zones at the second level. Regardless, I will be surprised if we don't take a safety high next draft. 

"New NFL record - First time in NFL history a team had passing TDs to 3 TEs in a single game. (Mo Alie-Cox, Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle)"  I see some dominating oportunities with 3 viable TE's. How about sitting at the opponents 15, and those three guys crossing patterns to the end zone. Maybe line them up all right side, and have Luck bootleg left, lol. 

"Oh and by the way, the Colts OL allowed 0 sacks for the 3rd consecutive game." This is just delicious, no matter how you describe it. 

"Marlon Mack had over 100 yards rushing for the second consecutive game (last time was Joseph Addai/2007) Colts ran for 222 yards giving them 2 consecutive games of over 200 rushing yards (220 last week)" 450 yards over two weeks? Wow......this is the Colts we're talking here....

Week 11 Tennessee HOME

Week 12 Miami HOME 

There are no gimmies in the NFL....but those are winnable games considering our current state of team. I have to admit, I am in for the long haul...but I can't help but get excited. 

B|

Overall, I see improvement in many critical areas. That is all I hoped for this season. However you want to slice it, Andrew is getting the ball out faster, he is better protected. we are running the football, we are VASTLY improved in red zone scoring, and we are stopping the rush better than before. 

The areas that are still woeful are pass defense, pressure, and penalties. Pass rush improvement will aid the back seven, but we are so very thin back there. If we can stay healthier than we have been, we can get to 7-9 wins. If we fall short of 7, it will likely be health. I think the scheming and coaching are on the right track. 

Archived