Sean Smith Arrested on felony battery charge.

BigD1123

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

See ya Sean. I wish I could say it was nice having you here, but that would be complete BS. 

I don't really fault him if he was defending his sister against a domestic violence situation. I don't know if that was what happened, but if it was then I don't fault him for kicking some @$s. 

But this news couldn't have come at a worst time for Smith. Been getting outplayed all TC by an undrafted rookie, playing like crap in the first preseason game, losing his starting job to TJ Carrie...yea he's most likely getting cut imo.

What up fellas?? Just reading up on SS, says the fight happens 4th of July but he's just getting nailed now? 

How bad was the guy last year? From the looks of it, y'all are ready for him to exit. What's the cap hit to boot him now? How's Conley looking so far?

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

What up fellas?? Just reading up on SS, says the fight happens 4th of July but he's just getting nailed now? 

How bad was the guy last year? From the looks of it, y'all are ready for him to exit. What's the cap hit to boot him now? How's Conley looking so far?

Go lick an arrowhead!

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

A lot of the less excitable posters here think SS wasn't bad last year, he was exposed a few times no doubt (notably by Cooks against the Saints with no safety help) but IMO that is also partly on the scheme and coaching. I thought he played average to above average last year as a whole with a couple bad games, trouble is his bad games were kind of obvious and he drew a lot of flak for it. He's been struggling in camp thus far and maybe because of the thought of this in the back of his mind - another thought is that maybe he was demoted to 2nd string in camp as the FO knew something like this was coming and they may be looking at a suspension......... Not going to judge the man until his situation is clear though.

Conley unfortunately hasn't been training at all due to a mystery lower leg injury - possibly shin splints, possibly something else...... though Amerson and Carrie should be fine on the outside and young guys like Borders have shown up a little too. His cap hit this year is 9.5m and we would have 9.25m dead money if we cut him apparently - https://overthecap.com/player/sean-smith/718/

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

A lot of the less excitable posters here think SS wasn't bad last year, he was exposed a few times no doubt (notably by Cooks against the Saints with no safety help) but IMO that is also partly on the scheme and coaching. I thought he played average to above average last year as a whole with a couple bad games, trouble is his bad games were kind of obvious and he drew a lot of flak for it. He's been struggling in camp thus far and maybe because of the thought of this in the back of his mind - another thought is that maybe he was demoted to 2nd string in camp as the FO knew something like this was coming and they may be looking at a suspension......... Not going to judge the man until his situation is clear though.

Conley unfortunately hasn't been training at all due to a mystery lower leg injury - possibly shin splints, possibly something else...... though Amerson and Carrie should be fine on the outside and young guys like Borders have shown up a little too. His cap hit this year is 9.5m and we would have 9.25m dead money if we cut him apparently - https://overthecap.com/player/sean-smith/718/

At this point seems like just you and me...

How does this arrest effect his salary if cut? My guess is if Conley was ready, cutting him becomes an easier decision. 

He was terrible last season, but certainly isn't playing up to his contract. With this, plus a poor camp, no sense in keeping him around.

Archived