Sean Smith Arrested on felony battery charge.

BigD1123

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

At this point seems like just you and me...

I'd go with that as well.

He was generally serviceable, nowhere near as bad as people made out. But we weren't paying him to be serviceable, so that's why it's a problem.

Smith has allowed under a 60% completion rate for something like every year of his career. That's crazy consistency. You don't cut that until you're sure he's done, especially on a full salary guarantee, which isn't after game 1 of the preseason. As for this case, I don't have enough facts to say. Obviously if he did what he did and it was unwarranted, he'll be cut. I think there's more to the story though.

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Smith has allowed under a 60% completion rate for something like every year of his career. That's crazy consistency. You don't cut that until you're sure he's done, especially on a full salary guarantee, which isn't after game 1 of the preseason. As for this case, I don't have enough facts to say. Obviously if he did what he did and it was unwarranted, he'll be cut. I think there's more to the story though.

Whether he is cut has nothing to do with if it was warranted.

You're not allowed to take revenge and inflict bodily harm on someone unless life is in immediate danger. IF he is convicted of assault he is cut. Bottom line. We may believe the guy had it coming and in our opinion his action is warranted but the law and personal conduct code are different than opinion.

The real thing of concern here is that he now has to things pulling him down and making it hard to focus. His struggle on the edge vs speedy receiving options and the case.

51 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

You're not allowed to take revenge and inflict bodily harm on someone unless life is in immediate danger. IF he is convicted of assault he is cut. Bottom line. We may believe the guy had it coming and in our opinion his action is warranted but the law and personal conduct code are different than opinion.

What I mean is if he caught her abusing his sister, which might qualify as "immediate danger", no?

40 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What I mean is if he caught her abusing his sister, which might qualify as "immediate danger", no?

Yes. It might. It just wasn't clear from what you said that is how you meant it.

There is also the fact that stopping an attack and doling out a beating that includes "stomping someones head" may exceed excruciating yourself from immediate danger. The DA obviously thing something along those lines or they wouldn't have brought charges.

2 minutes ago, Darkness said:

I wouldn't cut him, because we need the depth, but he's only going to get slower as he continues to age. Ideally, he'll be used to shadow TE's on passing downs 

I agree here. We already paid him and if he can fit in the scheme and provide depth at that hybrid S/LB position along with Obi, it makes are team that much more versatile and prepared for injuries.

Archived