Week 9 GDT Browns VS I don't think this will go well....

Kiwibrown

Browns vs Chiefs, who ya got?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

2. 2. you are on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' you get to phone a friend, from the forum which genius do you choose? (we have sort out who the forums real genuis is, I can't handle two posters having genuis in their name) PS and it aint me or hornby.

• Feakygenuis
    • OhioGenuis
    • not hornby or kiwi
    • kiwi, don't tell hornby
  3. 3. Is this the week Hue goes from bus driver, to being at the bus stop?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You guys kill me with the OL stuff.

The team that just throttled us also just trotted out Cam Erving, Mitchell Schwartz and Austin Reiter as starting OL.

It’s not 1960 any longer, you just need OL who are good enough.

I think that the R is below starter quality. i think scheme helps, we got murdered and mahomes didn't make that many difficult throws. QB as a point guard. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When we have some receivers who start to make plays and Baker gets quicker making reads, we’ll be just fine imo.

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

the position i want the most in free agency is a Tackle. Spend 100 million to get the guy, i don't care. 

our DB's are decent, a part from injury. 

Mitchell, Ward, Randall, Peppers are a decent starting safety corner group.

We need Lb's at least two new ones, Id release kirksey, and Collins, they are overpaid for what they produce. 

Who though? I don't think there's any notable OTs set to become FAs. Donovan Smith is probably the best one out there. Hopefully Desmond Harrison will continue to improve, cause he has shown flashes.

Hopefully we can sign a good DE and/or LB in free agency. Then go after a DT, WR and OT in the draft. And add some depth at cornerback. Mitchell looked solid as a starter. Gaines is decent too but can't stay healthy. Carrie is a total bum and hopefully won't be on the team next year.

Oh, and find a good kicker too. Please.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Who though? I don't think there's any notable OTs set to become FAs. Donovan Smith is probably the best one out there. Hopefully Desmond Harrison will continue to improve, cause he has shown flashes.

I haven't looked. obviously if there is not anyone, we can't go after them. if there is a marquee player, i want them at Tackle. 

I hope we sign a ood olinemen regardless. 

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Hopefully we can sign a good DE and/or LB in free agency. Then go after a DT, WR and OT in the draft. And add some depth at cornerback. Mitchell looked solid as a starter. Gaines is decent too but can't stay healthy. Carrie is a total bum and hopefully won't be on the team next year.

Oh, and find a good kicker too. Please.

Bruce irvin would be a nice head start on free agency, pass rusher can age well, we could use him at OB a bit as well.

i watn a bnch of really solid 3-4 million $ contract, that is the best use of free agency imo

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Schwartz was good, Schwartz was always good.  That's not revisionist history lmao.  And it's important to have good tackles.

Agreed. I think he had one year for us where he was a bit up and down. And I do remember that he was hated by a lot of people on this forum, which I never understood. But he was really solid for us overall and has been very good for the Chiefs.

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Schwartz is good, Schwartz was always good.  That's not revisionist history lmao. 

Schwartz was a decent starter, good his first and 4th years here, not so much years 2 and 3. Average perhaps, better in pass pro than in the run game.

Many in this forum complained incessantly about his play.

He never made a pro bowl, etc.., let’s not overhype him.

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

And it's important to have good tackles.

With an argument like that, who could refute it...

Well when The GOAT Mitch Schwartz was here crushing souls and the actual GOAT was manning the LT spot and a multiple time pro bowler was playing C, how come so many QB’s were always getting hit and hurt?

I’m not saying having a decent OL isn’t important, simply that a QB who gets rid of the ball quickly and understands what defenses are trying to do and where to go with the ball will make a decent OL look far better.

27 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Agreed. I think he had one year for us where he was a bit up and down. And I do remember that he was hated by a lot of people on this forum, which I never understood. But he was really solid for us overall and has been very good for the Chiefs.

Yes he was, and this is the revisionist history I’m referring to.  Now that he’s playing well in KC everyone was his biggest fan and always knew how good he was when he was here.  It’s simply bullsht.

For all the hate for Hubbard, somehow the Steelers went 13-3 with him starting 10 games.  Somehow not having a stud RT didn’t prevent them from winning....

Anyway, anyone care to rebut the other two names I mentioned, Reiter and Irving?  Or are only tackles important?  

We would of been stronger the last 3 years with mitch at rt. We have lost games, and series because of our tackle play. 

That said andy Reid has schemed around an average oline. How often did mahomes hold the ball for more tha 3 seconds? 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You guys kill me with the OL stuff.

The team that just throttled us also just trotted out Cam Erving, Mitchell Schwartz and Austin Reiter as starting OL.

It’s not 1960 any longer, you just need OL who are good enough.

When we have some receivers who start to make plays and Baker gets quicker making reads, we’ll be just fine imo.

It's the same thing with New England's Oline. They're nothing special but they get the job done. Better coaching, combining complimentary blocking schemes with the passing schemes, better passing schemes in general, natural progression of Baker, better recievers. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Schwartz was a decent starter, good his first and 4th years here, not so much years 2 and 3. Average perhaps, better in pass pro than in the run game.

Many in this forum complained incessantly about his play.

He never made a pro bowl, etc.., let’s not overhype him.

With an argument like that, who could refute it...

Well when The GOAT Mitch Schwartz was here crushing souls and the actual GOAT was manning the LT spot and a multiple time pro bowler was playing C, how come so many QB’s were always getting hit and hurt?

I’m not saying having a decent OL isn’t important, simply that a QB who gets rid of the ball quickly and understands what defenses are trying to do and where to go with the ball will make a decent OL look far better.

Yes he was, and this is the revisionist history I’m referring to.  Now that he’s playing well in KC everyone was his biggest fan and always knew how good he was when he was here.  It’s simply bullsht.

For all the hate for Hubbard, somehow the Steelers went 13-3 with him starting 10 games.  Somehow not having a stud RT didn’t prevent them from winning....

Anyway, anyone care to rebut the other two names I mentioned, Reiter and Irving?  Or are only tackles important?  

I wasn't sure what revisionist history you were referring to, it also bothered me that people would crap on Schwartz after watching St. Clair and O'Neil Cousins before him.  He was a god send in comparison to those guys, and he's a bit better than Hubbard too.

Obviously QB is more important than tackle.  QB is more important than every position lmao.

For all I know Chris Hubbard played better last season, I don't know though.  But yes, I think tackle is more important than guard by quite a bit.  Also can't dismiss that Reiter and Erving may have been stunted by coaching.

5 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

It's the same thing with New England's Oline. They're nothing special but they get the job. Better coaching, combining complimentary blocking schemes with the passing schemes, better passing schemes in general, natural progression of Baker, better recievers. 

Just watched NE's opening drive.

Wife and I take in Sunday night NFL to see what we call "real football".

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I wasn't sure what revisionist history you were referring to, it also bothered me that people would crap on Schwartz after watching St. Clair and O'Neil Cousins before him.  He was a god send in comparison to those guys, and he's a bit better than Hubbard too.

I agree with all of that, and was one of his bigger supporters when he was here.  It’s one reason it sticks in my craw when people talk about him like he was a stud here, because I had to read so many people saying the exact opposite and spent too much time defending him.

Obviously QB is more important than tackle.  QB is more important than every position lmao.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it’s QB and then everything else.

For all I know Chris Hubbard played better last season, I don't know though.  But yes, I think tackle is more important than guard by quite a bit. 

That’s fine, but as I mentioned before, QB’s got demolished when we had Schwartz and the best pass blocking tackle of all time, so...

Also can't dismiss that Reiter and Erving may have been stunted by coaching.

Under 2 different staffs?  As much as folks want to crap on the coaches here, over the last however many years we’ve employed far more proven coaches than we have players. These were the same guys coaching up all pros and pro bowlers...

Archived