Week 9 GDT Browns VS I don't think this will go well....

Kiwibrown

Browns vs Chiefs, who ya got?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

2. 2. you are on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' you get to phone a friend, from the forum which genius do you choose? (we have sort out who the forums real genuis is, I can't handle two posters having genuis in their name) PS and it aint me or hornby.

• Feakygenuis
    • OhioGenuis
    • not hornby or kiwi
    • kiwi, don't tell hornby
  3. 3. Is this the week Hue goes from bus driver, to being at the bus stop?

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Schwartz was a decent starter, good his first and 4th years here, not so much years 2 and 3. Average perhaps, better in pass pro than in the run game.

Many in this forum complained incessantly about his play.

He never made a pro bowl, etc.., let’s not overhype him.

With an argument like that, who could refute it...

Well when The GOAT Mitch Schwartz was here crushing souls and the actual GOAT was manning the LT spot and a multiple time pro bowler was playing C, how come so many QB’s were always getting hit and hurt?

I’m not saying having a decent OL isn’t important, simply that a QB who gets rid of the ball quickly and understands what defenses are trying to do and where to go with the ball will make a decent OL look far better.

Yes he was, and this is the revisionist history I’m referring to.  Now that he’s playing well in KC everyone was his biggest fan and always knew how good he was when he was here.  It’s simply bullsht.

For all the hate for Hubbard, somehow the Steelers went 13-3 with him starting 10 games.  Somehow not having a stud RT didn’t prevent them from winning....

Anyway, anyone care to rebut the other two names I mentioned, Reiter and Irving?  Or are only tackles important?  

Oh, I'm not denying that. But I always thought Schwartz was solid for us. Not resigning him was one of the things that Sashi did that I disagreed with.

And I'd say the pass rush that Baker faces isn't just on the offensive line. It's also on Baker for holding onto to the ball at times, which was sometimes likely caused by the play calling and the receivers not getting open. I thought Hubbard was totally fine the first few weeks of the season, but he's struggled since the Chargers game.

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

We need two WRs ( one possession, one deep threat ) . Two Tackles. A backup C and possibly another TE. Before we adddres the Defense. On Defense we need DE/DT, #2 CB, 2 LBs ( one starter, onebackup )

Only one game, but today Baker was sacked a total of 2x, and hit a total of 2x. I think Robinson outside of maybe one play I saw did a pretty good job. Njoku needs to keep developing, however, it is scary that right now, he's essentially a pass catching TE with questionable hands. 

Its a different game now. All about having stacked skill players. No one is going to stop KC, NE or the Rams. It would take us 3 offseasons to do so. Better off just building around Baker. I have to think this is why Gruden dumped Mack. 

I'm interested to see if CHI and SD would beat these teams. They have very good defenses and offenses that can keep up. PHI Pitt and and MIN are similarly built. 

Idk I'd like to continue to see more speed at wr and lb. We're slow at both positions while most other teams have followed the trend of valuing speed over all else.

Idk we'll see. There's no way in the future you could afford baker myles and a 3rd elite dl as well as denzel so i dont think that will be in the plans. 

Do whatever you have to do to get another legit wr and then higgins and callaway can just make the few plays a game we need them to instead of a bunch.

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

Only one game, but today Baker was sacked a total of 2x, and hit a total of 2x.

Yep.  It’s gonna happen though.  We sacked Mahomes twice as well and he’s playing as well as anyone in history.

I think Robinson outside of maybe one play I saw did a pretty good job.

He did, but their defense isn’t great.

Njoku needs to keep developing, however, it is scary that right now, he's essentially a pass catching TE with questionable hands. 

He also just turned 22 right before camp.

He’ll be younger than a lot of rookies NEXT YEAR.

10 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Only one game, but today Baker was sacked a total of 2x, and hit a total of 2x. I think Robinson outside of maybe one play I saw did a pretty good job. Njoku needs to keep developing, however, it is scary that right now, he's essentially a pass catching TE with questionable hands. 

Greg Robinson,Chris Hubbard, or Desmond Harrison wouldn’t stop me from drafting atleast one tackle and signing atleast one swing T. We have to do a better job protecting baker 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.  It’s gonna happen though.  We sacked Mahomes twice as well and he’s playing as well as anyone in history.

He did, but their defense isn’t great.

He also just turned 22 right before camp.

He’ll be younger than a lot of rookies NEXT YEAR.

KC was 3rd in the NFL in total sacks. Justin Houston only accounts for 3 of those. I think we may have made some necessary adjustments. We shall see. 

Definite improvement from the offense today. It wasn't quite the excitement of KC's offense, but it was clear what the Browns were focused on. Quick passes, get the ball into the playmakers' hands. I think they'll try to build on that moving forward. Golden opportunity next week against a depleted ATL defense. If we can't outscore em, hopefully we can at least keep up. It feels like this offense is only going to grow from this point forward.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Wait, who is this?

It supposedly is from @mistakey But it is written in full sentences, and even paragraphs, with only one misuse of lower case.

He must be hammered.

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

We need two WRs ( one possession, one deep threat ) . Two Tackles. A backup C and possibly another TE. Before we adddres the Defense. On Defense we need DE/DT, #2 CB, 2 LBs ( one starter, onebackup )

That's just not how it works. I'd like to see everything addressed too, but if you're passing up on superior talent at a position that isn't as dire of a need, that's the wrong way to do it dude. I trust in Dorsey to make the right decisions (for the most part).

Apparently a bunch of Chiefs told Myles that they were excited for the Browns because of what Dorsey did for their team.

I don't understand the fascination with wanting to move on from productive players just because they are not mega stars. I have seen David Njoku, Christian Kirksey, Jabrill Peppers, Kevin Zeitler and others now. Sorry, but that is exactly why the Browns have sucked for years. You don't get rid of talent just because it isn't as talented as you'd like. It is called adding to the pile. Good teams do it and we don't.

I wouldn't cut a single player on this team if we have the caps space which I am fairly certain we do. Hit free agency to fill some holes and go BPA in the draft. If BPA happens to be a TE and he is better than David Njoku then great we have weapons and depth. That is how you build teams like Kansas City, New Orleans and the Rams.

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but if we can get a decent return for Njuko I might take it. I don’t think his problems. Blocking and focus drops are going to get fixed 

Put the baby monitor down please. 

22 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I don't understand the fascination with wanting to move on from productive players just because they are not mega stars. I have seen David Njoku, Christian Kirksey, Jabrill Peppers, Kevin Zeitler and others now. Sorry, but that is exactly why the Browns have sucked for years. You don't get rid of talent just because it isn't as talented as you'd like. It is called adding to the pile. Good teams do it and we don't.

I wouldn't cut a single player on this team if we have the caps space which I am fairly certain we do. Hit free agency to fill some holes and go BPA in the draft. If BPA happens to be a TE and he is better than David Njoku then great we have weapons and depth. That is how you build teams like Kansas City, New Orleans and the Rams.

Impatience 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

We need talent period. We are not in a position to not take bpa. For the life of me I don’t understand what some of you don’t get about the aftermath of back to back 1-15 and 0-16 years. Like why were some talking playoffs?  We need a couple more good drafts and wise FA spending. Couple that with a good coach and our current cap and we can do it. Oh and:

I kinda liked the offensive play calling. Not to shabby. 

Also kind of looks like we need a defensive mind to game plan for Mahomes. He may very well be the guy to beat in the near future. 

Archived