Week 9 GDT Browns VS I don't think this will go well....

Kiwibrown

Browns vs Chiefs, who ya got?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

2. 2. you are on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' you get to phone a friend, from the forum which genius do you choose? (we have sort out who the forums real genuis is, I can't handle two posters having genuis in their name) PS and it aint me or hornby.

• Feakygenuis
    • OhioGenuis
    • not hornby or kiwi
    • kiwi, don't tell hornby
  3. 3. Is this the week Hue goes from bus driver, to being at the bus stop?

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

We need talent period. We are not in a position to not take bpa. For the life of me I don’t understand what some of you don’t get about the aftermath of back to back 1-15 and 0-16 years. Like why were some talking playoffs?  We need a couple more good drafts and wise FA spending. Couple that with a good coach and our current cap and we can do it. Oh and:

I kinda liked the offensive play calling. Not to shabby. 

Also kind of looks like we need a defensive mind to game plan for Mahomes. He may very well be the guy to beat in the near future. 

If I'm being honest, I think we could make the playoffs next year. I mean, I'd need to see how the offseason actually goes, but I don't think we're THAT far off. A single offseason could allow us to accumulate the talent and find the right scheme for this team to win a wildcard spot.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

If I'm being honest, I think we could make the playoffs next year. I mean, I'd need to see how the offseason actually goes, but I don't think we're THAT far off. A single offseason could allow us to accumulate the talent and find the right scheme for this team to win a wildcard spot.

Just saying, The Cowboys went 1-15 in Aikman's rookie year, and JJ's first running the helm. 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but if we can get a decent return for Njuko I might take it. I don’t think his problems. Blocking and focus drops are going to get fixed 

We can't get a decent return for Njoku so we might as well hold onto him and hopefully he fulfills his potential.  I never see him being an 80+ catch or 1000+ yard target though.  He has the physical ability but he's not a #realfootballplayer.  At worst he's a good mismatch guy so we should hold onto him for that though.

I guess it depends on what would be considered a decent return but we aren't sniffing higher than a 3rd imo.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree with all of that, and was one of his bigger supporters when he was here.  It’s one reason it sticks in my craw when people talk about him like he was a stud here, because I had to read so many people saying the exact opposite and spent too much time defending him.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it’s QB and then everything else.

That’s fine, but as I mentioned before, QB’s got demolished when we had Schwartz and the best pass blocking tackle of all time, so...

Under 2 different staffs?  As much as folks want to crap on the coaches here, over the last however many years we’ve employed far more proven coaches than we have players. These were the same guys coaching up all pros and pro bowlers...

I agree but the rest of our team was so bad too, and the QBs were bad.  We had guys like Weeden who were clueless, Josh McCown who just had a propensity to take hits trying to do too much, and Manziel who had both those qualities.  Or Hoyer destroying his knee cap trying to slide on a scramble.  Doesn't take away from the fact that we need to upgrade our tackles because that's just piling on.

If the question is which is a higher priority, OT or receiver, it would depend on the quality of the player you could attain at the respective position.  Both of those things are killing us.  On the other hand I'd be livid if we spent a 1st on a guard or a RB, I'd imagine we are on the same page there.

Even if it wasn't coaching I find it hard to fathom Cam Erving is as bad as he was when he was a Brown.  I mean he was really the worst.  A coach would play anybody else instead if he was still that bad.  Maybe just consistently playing 1 position was all he needed. Maybe it wasn't the coaches themselves but the constant upheaval of where he was playing and what we were attempting to do on offense.

7 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

I dont recall Njoku having drops the past 2 games

He wasn't targeted last week. 

He played well today outside the penalty.

As soon as devalve comes in Baker targets him, two weeks in a row, i think he is the preferred TE

11 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I think we can also if everything breaks our way including Mayfield going to another level. However we need a couple more drafts to build up better depth. Depth will lead to better consistency. 

25 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Prior to that the rest of the season 40% of drives were 3 and outs. Freddie >>> Hayley

Not to sound pessimistic, but KC's defense is also pretty damn lousy. But still, the offense and the play calling absolutely looked better yesterday than it had under Hue and Haley. I'll be interested to see how Kitchens does once we go up against a solid to good defense.

Archived