Week 9 GDT Browns VS I don't think this will go well....

Kiwibrown

Browns vs Chiefs, who ya got?   

28 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

2. 2. you are on 'who wants to be a millionaire?' you get to phone a friend, from the forum which genius do you choose? (we have sort out who the forums real genuis is, I can't handle two posters having genuis in their name) PS and it aint me or hornby.

• Feakygenuis
    • OhioGenuis
    • not hornby or kiwi
    • kiwi, don't tell hornby
  3. 3. Is this the week Hue goes from bus driver, to being at the bus stop?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think the snap count stuff is getting over blown.

Obunjobi has played 88% of the defensive snap count. Do you know what other elite DT has played 88% of his defensive snaps? Aaron Donald. JJ Watt has played 88% of his snaps as well.

He is a stud athlete and is in great shape. Yeah Garrett has played a lot but you dont ever see him sucking wind or ever tapping out.

I hope you don't teach math. Or English, tbh.

Sorry to be crude, but if you don't see the difference between 424 and 545, there's a problem. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I think the snap count stuff is getting over blown.

Obunjobi has played 88% of the defensive snap count. Do you know what other elite DT has played 88% of his defensive snaps? Aaron Donald. JJ Watt has played 88% of his snaps as well.

He is a stud athlete and is in great shape. Yeah Garrett has played a lot but you dont ever see him sucking wind or ever tapping out.

That also doesn't take into account the fact that the Browns defense has played significantly more snaps than any other defense in football, including four overtimes.

So when you factor that in, Ogunjobi has played nearly ONE HUNDRED more snaps than any other DT in football.

yes I know Garrett and Obun have play more snaps because of OT. So should the Browns start playing Garrett and Obun less in a game, in case they go into overtime. 

This whole narrative that they are playing too many snaps is so stupid. Why does no one mention Randall or Ward? Those two have played well over 600 snaps

Now this would be a different story if Garrett and Obunjobi were trying to come off the field and Greg Williams forced them back into  the game.

Garrett and Obunjobi have been making plenty of plays in the 4th quarter as well in the 1st quarter and 2nd, the DL depth is awful, Browns cant really afford to take them off the field. 

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That also doesn't take into account the fact that the Browns defense has played significantly more snaps than any other defense in football, including four overtimes.

So when you factor that in, Ogunjobi has played nearly ONE HUNDRED more snaps than any other DT in football.

Yes I know, but would are the browns suppose to do? take them out and put in the garbage depth they have behind them? If those two arent playing, those games arnt going into OT.

Also its not like Garrett and Obunjobi start every game like a man on fire and hit empty by the 3rd/4th quarter. They have been making as many plays in the 1st half of games compared to 2nd half of games. 

Also its not like them playing all the snaps are the reasons the Browns are losing these OT games. Defense has made plenty of plays in OT to win games. The offense has been failing the defense. It be different if Garrett and Obunjobi were completely gassed and the opposing team came out and ran it right down the defense and scored the game winning TD.

18 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Sorry to be crude, but if you don't see the difference between 424 and 545, there's a problem. 

yes there is a difference but, do you think the Rams are not gonna play Donaldson if they go into OT? Do you think the Rams are going to limit Donaldson's snaps in a game to prepare for the possibility of OT? If the Rams have played in 4 OT games, Donaldson snaps will be up there as well.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yes I know Garrett and Obun have play more snaps because of OT. So should the Browns start playing Garrett and Obun less in a game, in case they go into overtime. 

This whole narrative that they are playing too many snaps is so stupid. Why does no one mention Randall or Ward? Those two have played well over 600 snaps

Now this would be a different story if Garrett and Obunjobi were trying to come off the field and Greg Williams forced them back into  the game.

Garrett and Obunjobi have been making plenty of plays in the 4th quarter as well in the 1st quarter and 2nd, the DL depth is awful, Browns cant really afford to take them off the field. 

Simple answer. Its easier to run 15 yards with somebody than it is to smash yourself into a 300lb linemen trying to manhandle you when you have been on the field for the entire game.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yes I know, but would are the browns suppose to do? take them out and put in the garbage depth they have behind them? If those two arent playing, those games arnt going into OT.

Also its not like Garrett and Obunjobi start every game like a man on fire and hit empty by the 3rd/4th quarter. They have been making as many plays in the 1st half of games compared to 2nd half of games. 

Also its not like them playing all the snaps are the reasons the Browns are losing these OT games. Defense has made plenty of plays in OT to win games. The offense has been failing the defense. It be different if Garrett and Obunjobi were completely gassed and the opposing team came out and ran it right down the defense and scored the game winning TD.

I get your point, but you're making it out like they won't even enter the game in clutch time. Even from a percentage standpoint, no one was even close to playing that amount of defensive snaps prior to this week. To be honest, I was surprised that anyone actually caught up to them.

The bottom line is that if you continue to play these guys at this rate, they're going to get hurt. No way around it, this amount of playing time takes a severe toll over the duration of a season. Gregg hasn't been rotating these guys out for enough snaps. This is why the D-line needs to be addressed in the offseason, so we can trust the guys who come in when Myles and Larry are catching their breath.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Simple answer. Its easier to run 15 yards with somebody than it is to smash yourself into a 300lb linemen trying to manhandle you when you have been on the field for the entire game.

I thought Austin Corbett summed it up best during his conference call after the Browns drafted him: "It's a car crash on every play..."

Denzel and Randall don't have to go through that kind of beatdown on every play. 

5 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I get your point, but you're making it out like they won't even enter the game in clutch time. Even from a percentage standpoint, no one was even close to playing that amount of defensive snaps prior to this week. To be honest, I was surprised that anyone actually caught up to them.

The bottom line is that if you continue to play these guys at this rate, they're going to get hurt. No way around it, this amount of playing time takes a severe toll over the duration of a season. Gregg hasn't been rotating these guys out for enough snaps. This is why the D-line needs to be addressed in the offseason, so we can trust the guys who come in when Myles and Larry are catching their breath.

Right....and how this team is unable to sub out Garrett, Larry and Ogbah for 1 series every QTR to keep them fresh is beyond me. Since I watch DEN I know that they rest Von/Wolfe/Chubb 1 series per half to keep them fresh through the game. They stagger when each one comes out so its not all at the same time. Why cant CLE do that

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Its the Browns entire defense those. Its the aftermath of playing in 4 OT games and they have literally flirted with the last few minutes of each OT. Hell, if it was 15min OTs, there snaps would be even higher.

I agree, the depth of the DL is awful and Williams doesnt trust  the back ups to do anything. Browns cant sub out Randall, Ward, Obunjobi, and Garrett or they might be looking at just 1 win

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right....and how this team is unable to sub out Garrett, Larry and Ogbah for 1 series every QTR to keep them fresh is beyond me. Since I watch DEN I know that they rest Von/Wolfe/Chubb 1 series per half to keep them fresh through the game. They stagger when each one comes out so its not all at the same time. Why cant CLE do that

because Denver has legit depth. Outside of Obun and Garrett, they have nothing on the DL. Browns need to finish in the top5 and get one of the stud defensive linemen in the draft. 

Archived