Week 9: Lions (3-4) at VIKINGS (4-3-1)

swede700

The Vikings should be able to exploit one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year in the Lions. How many total yards will they have against the Lions?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. The Vikings should be able to exploit one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year in the Lions. How many total yards will they have against the Lions?

• 0 - 245 yds (avg total yards vs. Lions in Zimmer's first year)
    • 246 - 335 yds (avg vs. Lions in Zimmer era)
    • 336 - 362 yds (avg vs Lions in 2017)
    • 363 - 404 yds (avg. vs Lions in 2015)
    • 404+ yds

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Rollouts take away half of the field, and considering that Cousins is good at using the whole field it’s probably not in your best interest to have a lot of rollouts. 

Makes sense but I'd take Kirk working with half a field and having time to throw the ball over working with a full field and not enough time to throw the ball.

Catch 22?

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Viking said:

The loss to N.O. is palatable for N.O. is a good team and better than the Vikings plain and simple.  The Lions are not.  It is a must win.

I will only disagree with the bolded. They were better on Sunday, however, I don't think they're clearly better "plain and simple".

I will agree that we are better than the Lions and need to take care of business.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I will only disagree with the bolded. They were better on Sunday, however, I don't think they're clearly better "plain and simple".

I will agree that we are better than the Lions and need to take care of business.

Oh, I think I agree with Bermuda.  THIS season, the Saints are better than the Vikings.  If the Vikings were full strength and had some luck added in, then maybe they are equal.

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Oh, I think I agree with Bermuda.  THIS season, the Saints are better than the Vikings.  If the Vikings were full strength and had some luck added in, then maybe they are equal.

I don't even think they need the luck. A healthy Vikings team that simply isn't unlucky can beat any team in the NFL. But we're still waiting for this team to put together a complete performance.

58 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I don't even think they need the luck. A healthy Vikings team that simply isn't unlucky can beat any team in the NFL. But we're still waiting for this team to put together a complete performance.

I tend to agree with Nozizaki.  Our offense is just starting to play up to the level we expect, and in spite of the weaknesses on the line, our offense seems to put up points every week.  The next 4-5 weeks are going to be huge for us.  If we can get some division wins and just be in the playoff hunt, this is going to be a team that nobody should want to see in the postseason.  This might be the year where we end up peaking at just the right time.

Archived