Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Al Saunders isn't a name I've heard of in quite a while. Was always highly respected here in Baltimore during the Cam Cameron era, but the offenses he designed here were pretty god awful.

He did great in KC during the Vermeil years but was never able to replicate it. I can’t imagine him at HC though. 

10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The decision to keep him after last season was so stupid.  There’s no reason to keep a HC after 0-16.  

i think that keeping hue jackson shows the next coach that they will have a long leash. i think the quality of head coaches we'll get to interview in 2019 would be much higher than the quality of coaches we got to interview in 2018

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

i think that keeping hue jackson shows the next coach that they will have a long leash. i think the quality of head coaches we'll get to interview in 2019 would be much higher than the quality of coaches we got to interview in 2018

Firing a coach mid-season shows coaches they will have a long leash?

Would've been far better for them to fire Hue after the season in that regard.

2 minutes ago, Saosin said:

The meme side of me really wanted Bob Wylie to be Interim HC but I'm surprised they didnt go with Haley. I also didnt know that Al Saunders was even in the league anymore. The dude has got to be 70+!

Saunders has been around the longest. So he might be the most comfortable for all the players. It allows Greg and Todd to just focus on defense and offense and not be stretched thin. No more worries about being thrown under the bus by Hue. Also it allows for an easy transition for a new HC cause No way Saunders is made the full time guy after the season 

Just now, mistakey said:

The 2nd part i agree with. Last year the team was a mess, after a few games in the year they have shown there is talent on the team and there is a possible franchise qb. I could see more decent coaches being interested next offseason compared to this offseason

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Firing a coach mid-season shows coaches they will have a long leash?

Would've been far better for them to fire Hue after the season in that regard.

If it was a firing out of no where during the middle of the season, it be a huge negative. Anyone who looks at this, saw it coming and knows they gave Hue a shot to prove himself that it was a poor GM that lead to the poor previous seasons. Hue just showed he was just as guilty of 1-31 as sashi

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I'm not sure keeping Jackson, then proceeding to fire him mid-season, changes how outside coaches perceive your organization.  So I don't think it will make a difference.  Any coach that didn't want to interview with Cleveland last year, if that would have been the case, aren't gonna agree to it now.

At least they have young talent and potentially a QB to work with, so ultimately it isn't a big deal.  But they could have made the move this past offseason.

Plus head coach jobs are, in the grand scheme of things, rare.  Other than guys like McDaniels, who know they will always have a shot and gonna get paid with the team they coordinate for, most coaches aren't gonna turn down HC jobs.

Archived