Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Saunders has been around the longest. So he might be the most comfortable for all the players. It allows Greg and Todd to just focus on defense and offense and not be stretched thin. No more worries about being thrown under the bus by Hue. Also it allows for an easy transition for a new HC cause No way Saunders is made the full time guy after the season 

Which makes sense. I agree that having Saunders step in as interim will setup the browns to have a good shot at a top tier head coach. God knows that franchise deserves some major stability on that coaching staff. I just hope the ownership can finally get their poop in a group and hire the correct person. The team has the talent to do some damage, especially in a weaker AFC. 

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Firing a coach mid-season shows coaches they will have a long leash?

Would've been far better for them to fire Hue after the season in that regard.

How much more leash should we have given Hue?  Should we have waited for him to have the worst record in the history of the nfl?

3 minutes ago, Saosin said:

Which makes sense. I agree that having Saunders step in as interim will setup the browns to have a good shot at a top tier head coach. God knows that franchise deserves some major stability on that coaching staff. I just hope the ownership can finally get their poop in a group and hire the correct person. The team has the talent to do some damage, especially in a weaker AFC. 

This won’t be on ownership. This coach will be hired by Dorsey Highsmith and Wolfe. Years past Haslam didn’t trust his FO this year I think he does. Reports are that Jimmy wanted to give him the season and didn’t want to fire a coach mid season burn dorsey laid it out to him and said its best to do it now because it’s best for the team and Baker. Jimmy listened to dorsey. I would assume he would for the bext HC

Archived