2019 New NFL Head Coaches - Flores to Miami

Texas_OutLaw7

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Why? The old man is right. 

No no he's not. A great coach is what we want and need.

Just because Garrett didn't coach himself out of a job does not mean he's the right guy for the Cowboys. The players also loved Wade Phillips. Does not mean he was a great coach too.

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No no he's not. A great coach is what we want and need.

Just because Garrett didn't coach himself out of a job does not mean he's the right guy for the Cowboys. The players also loved Wade Phillips. Does not mean he was a great coach too.

Lol.

Redball was on the hot seat and swept the Superbowl champs and won the division. If you can't see why he won't get fired after that, then that's on you. 

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Lol.

Redball was on the hot seat and swept the Superbowl champs and won the division. If you can't see why he won't get fired after that, then that's on you. 

After getting blown out by Indy. After going on a 3 game losing streak for having no receiving core after getting rid of our No.1 receiver in the offseason which he thought was a good idea. After being on the hotseat while being too cowardly to go for it on a 4th and 1 in Houston. After giving the Saints multiple chances to come back ahead because he was too cowardly to go for it and take a chance. After keeping the worst OC in the league and not only keep him around for 2 years longer then he should have, let him revamp the offense in the offseason to "make it better" which led to an emergency trade deal with Oakland for a player we arguably could have gotten for cheaper then what we paid but we paid anyway out of desperation.

This guy who is supposed to be known as a motivator seems to only ever have his team motivated after getting his a$$ kicked the previous week. That to me is bullsh!t. That to me sounds more like the players are pissed off after what happened last game and came to play this week. Not because of the efforts of a push over coach that can't even bring himself to fire his OC because his job is on the line.

But you keep drinking that koolaid.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I can't believe you just said that.

Not sure why. 2/3 of NFCE Champs past 3 yrs and I'm guessing the overall win percentage during that span is near the top in league as well. 3-5 to start season, to 9-6 now.

I get there are faults, but he's also in pretty good company with the above stuff as well. It has to count for something.  

33 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Yeah. Okay. This was my fault for engaging. Let's keep this thread to coaching openings / job security.

Well since Garrett is more then likely going to keep his job.

Still wanna bring in DeFillipo as someone other then SL who can call plays.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Not sure why. 2/3 of NFCE Champs past 3 yrs and I'm guessing the overall win percentage during that span is near the top in league as well. 3-5 to start season, to 9-6 now.

I get there are faults, but he's also in pretty good company with the above stuff as well. It has to count for something.  

Except I don't agree he's a motivator. His team has already quit once this season on him. And they only came to play after getting blown out by Indy. Sure he may be a players coach. But that does not mean he gets his guys ready to play because we have seen time after time again where they seem to have everything done half a$$ed.

Archived