2019 New NFL Head Coaches - Flores to Miami

Texas_OutLaw7

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Idk if I'll call it reverse racism but Yeah I think it's highly unlikely anyone has ever been hired if they were truly only interviewed because of the rule. That said, it is giving guys the opportunity to interview that maybe wouldn't. Resume builder that can only help.

If society can come up with the term Systematic Racism then yea this would fit in that category. Like I said I disagree with the whole idea. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Reverse racism isnt a solution. The Rooney rule isnt doing what its supposed to anyways. 

That said, I dont mind it. 

Agreed. It’s become nothing more than the required token interview, especially when teams already have a coach in mind.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Agreed. It’s become nothing more than the required token interview, especially when teams already have a coach in mind.

And this is probably the biggest reason why the rule is pointless in general. If a GM's or owners first pick as coach comes in and agrees then they are not gonna want to interview anyone else.

Professional sports is not the typical job market where you don't know the candidates coming in for a interview. Because chances are they already know eachother. Case in point that's how Jimmy got here originally with Jerry. And it's why JG is here.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

And this is probably the biggest reason why the rule is pointless in general. If a GM's or owners first pick as coach comes in and agrees then they are not gonna want to interview anyone else.

Professional sports is not the typical job market where you don't know the candidates coming in for a interview. Because chances are they already know eachother. Case in point that's how Jimmy got here originally with Jerry. And it's why JG is here.

And a required interview with another candidate isn't going to suddenly cause the complete reversal of this.

But like I said, I see no harm really.

22 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

With Darnold, I would think they'd look more to offensive side. Which, after 2 decades of defensive minded HCs, they probably should think outside the box once. 

Very true , but I feel like Eberflus is someone I'd vouch for to bring impact like maybe the next Sean McVay. Obvs his hype train hasn't set in yet this season but I think it'd be wise for any team to take a chance on him before that train gets going.

He just gets his players so prepared for games and it's beautiful to watch cause you can tell they really took in the film study and believe in him

8 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Very true , but I feel like Eberflus is someone I'd vouch for to bring impact like maybe the next Sean McVay. Obvs his hype train hasn't set in yet this season but I think it'd be wise for any team to take a chance on him before that train gets going.

He just gets his players so prepared for games and it's beautiful to watch cause you can tell they really took in the film study and believe in him

Eberflus would be a great hire for them, but I think Wiz is right...they should look at an offensive-minded HC. 

Archived