2019 New NFL Head Coaches - Flores to Miami

Texas_OutLaw7

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well Garrett's still here so I can't imagine that Jerry still doesn't make the final decision on who stays and who goes as well as who we get and who we don't.

Stephen is the one who raised the offer on Earl Thomas to a 2nd, and he's the one who gave up a 1st for Amari Cooper. I don't think Jerry has as much of a say as he once did.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Stephen is the one who raised the offer on Earl Thomas to a 2nd, and he's the one who gave up a 1st for Amari Cooper. I don't think Jerry has as much of a say as he once did.

13 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well Garrett's still here

So what you two are saying that since 2010 it's been all Stephen's decision to keep him here after all this time?

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So what you two are saying that since 2010 it's been all Stephen's decision to keep him here after all this time?

No, not all. But I don't think Jerry is as big of a decision maker as what he used to be.

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

No, not all. But I don't think Jerry is as big of a decision maker as what he used to be.

Well we are certainly drafting better I will give you that. But again.

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Garrett's still here

You can't sit there and say Jerry doesn't get what he wants. He still socializes with the media on a daily basis on everything Cowboy related (not Stephen) and he the decisions he originally made still have not found their way out the door already. You can't tell me he doesn't have a hand on the wheel. If he was truly hands off we would not hear another word from him.

I think I'd be far more concerned about Stephen's influence within the organization than Jerry's at this point. I mean, as Des pointed out ET and Amani were his moves. He was most certainly the driving force behind Dez's release. And, I firmly believe that SJ is the guy most cemented in Dak's corner at the moment. 

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I think I'd be far more concerned about Stephen's influence within the organization than Jerry's at this point. I mean, as Des pointed out ET and Amani were his moves. He was most certainly the driving force behind Dez's release. And, I firmly believe that SJ is the guy most cemented in Dak's corner at the moment. 

Yup, agreed. 

I think we aren't far from seeing Jerry stepping down and Stephen essentially taking full public reigns of this thing. I think the only thing that could make it happen sooner is Dallas winning a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Garretts here because he cleaned up that god awful mess that Wade/Jerry left and is 2 years removed from COTY/Best record in the NFL. 

You cant pretend these things didnt happen. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

It's possible for Jerry to have less of a say in decision-making when it comes to the staff and roster and still maintain his public persona which we all know he thrives on. 

Certainly "possible" such as I agree he deferred to Stephen not to overspend for Paxton Lynch and then spent the rest of the offseason saying he regretted not being able to get him in 2016. But it's also "possible" that JG still has a job because Jones just likes the guy.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garretts here because he cleaned up that god awful mess that Wade/Jerry left and is 2 years removed from COTY/Best record in the NFL. 

You cant pretend these things didnt happen. 

Yes and in the 8 years that he's been in so-called charge he's done what for us?

Guess people are willing to "believe those false truth's" like we're actually getting better and "still believe this" nonsense that things are on the up and up from here on out.

Frankly I like what guys like McVay, Pederson and such are doing. Like one is running on a perfect season after making the playoffs his first year coaching the Rams and the Eagles are fresh off a Super Bowl win after being with the team for only 2 years. Those teams aren't waiting 8+ years for something to happen.

23 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yes and in the 8 years that he's been in so-called charge he's done what for us?

Gutted an awful roster and rebuilt it with young talent? Got rid of a ton of supremely bad contracts and delivered us from cap hell? Erased the "camp cupcake"/circus atmosphere and made the team much more professional? Pulled a ton of power from Jerry and replaced it with competent people (like McClay)?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Gutted an awful roster and rebuilt it with young talent? Got rid of a ton of supremely bad contracts and delivered us from cap hell? Erased the "camp cupcake"/circus atmosphere and made the team much more professional? Pulled a ton of power from Jerry and replaced it with competent people (like McClay)?

Again you are settling for mediocrity where are the real results. Believe it or not the Eagles were even more poorly managed then we were and turned around in less then 2 years. He's been to the playoffs twice. If Jerry according to you guys has given away all his power and these are still the same results of a .500 win/loss season and only being to the post season twice you won't consider that we may need to move on?

Archived