Browns also fire OC Todd Haley

ReggieCamp

54 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think it was the right decision. I just wish Hue was gone before the draft so they could start Baker off on the right track. Better now than later I guess

I do agree the timing is weird. I just think Haslam has chafed at the criticism he gets (rightfully so) and wanted to hold on to him extra long to prove he can be patient. Plus I think the Haslams legitimately love Hue. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wrong. 

You wish. Your team was a punchline before Hue ever got there. He’s just the latest in a long line of golden carrots for the franchise. 

It wasn’t that long ago when all the Browns fans on the site were screaming about how Hue was going to change things, how Sashi’s longterm plan was going rebuild the franchise. How the franchise was finally going to do a slow methodical rebuild to get them to be a stabilized and sustainable team and it’s all gone. Everything about that regime is gone. That whole tale that was spun was bs. And here we are pretending the Browns who sucked before Hue are going to be good after Hue. 

Just another golden carrot. 

32 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You wish. Your team was a punchline before Hue ever got there. He’s just the latest in a long line of golden carrots for the franchise. 

It wasn’t that long ago when all the Browns fans on the site were screaming about how Hue was going to change things, how Sashi’s longterm plan was going rebuild the franchise. How the franchise was finally going to do a slow methodical rebuild to get them to be a stabilized and sustainable team and it’s all gone. Everything about that regime is gone. That whole tale that was spun was bs. And here we are pretending the Browns who sucked before Hue are going to be good after Hue. 

Just another golden carrot. 

I don’t know man. Sashi set this team up pretty well for Dorsey. Hue gave us what finally looks like a competent young qb. Phase 3 is getting a competent head coach. You can go ahead and long for the past, I’m looking at the future. 

Disclaimer: yes I know we’ve heard this before. It could all fall down like a house of cards. 

16 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t know man. Sashi set this team up pretty well for Dorsey. Hue gave us what finally looks like a competent young qb. Phase 3 is getting a competent head coach. You can go ahead and long for the past, I’m looking at the future. 

Disclaimer: yes I know we’ve heard this before. It could all fall down like a house of cards. 

Your team frustrates me and I hate every team in your division so I want you to be good. Be good 

3 hours ago, berlin calling said:

great. so you're telling me they not only find their QB finally but are also making smart decisions personell wise? fml. Browns will sweep the Ravens this season i can clearly see it now. thanks Flacco. 

Yeah but think about how much time they wasted giving Jackson and Haley this off-season. They should have fired Hue week 17 of last season but when they didn't, they should have given him the rest of this season, unless they think his interim replacement might actually be good, which they shouldn't because he won't be. Firing them now gives them nothing unless they think he was actively gonna harm the team further somehow. Might as well have given him the third season to show their future prospects that they will get at least 3 seasons to make progress.

To recap, there are only two reasons that Todd Haley would have gone to Cleveland to begin with to work for Hue Jackson:

1. He was so desperate to get another crack at being a head coach, he picked the weakest coach in the league who he knew wouldn't last very long. It was obviously Hue. He then proceeded to pick fights and undermine Hue (not that Hue didn't deserve it, anyway) on camera in probably the only real memorable moment of Hard Knocks.

OR/and some combination of the following:

2. No one else really wanted him (perhaps an anyway should be added here)

I usually try to avoid talk about karma and the like, but couldn't have happened to a better guy. Todd's a lousy human being.

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

Why? The real reason everyone thinks Hue’s the problem is because they’ve been losing a lot. Newsflash they always lose a lot. Hue just happened to be the coach during a complete rebuild phase. 

And hell Haley only improved the team.

Now they just got all these new pieces.... and are going to bring in new management that didn’t have a plan for these guys and will want their own guys. 

The next coach might think Baker wasn’t a good pick, doesn’t have the skills, and will want to draft his own guy.

The owner is the problem. He’s always been the problem. He is a complete failure at pro sports. 

Everything every Browns said they were building the last several years went out the window 

I'm with you except for Haley improving the team.  I wish they had fired Haley and kept Hue around to see what he could do with a different coordinator.  I think the results may have very well played in their favor and people might even not be so quick to scapegoat Hue at that point

Archived