1. 1. Best defense through 8 weeks

• Baltimore
    • Cleveland
    • Chicago
    • Seattle
    • Buffalo
    • Houston
    • Jacksonville

I feel like Vikings defense has been pretty damn good after the slow start(mainly from secondary). Especially our DL has been excellent. Defense did fine even against Brees and Saints last week too. With Griffen returning back, our starting DL is Griffen-Linval-Richardson-Hunter. Hunter has been monster so far this season. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-04 at 7:45 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

What defense? Haven't noticed it this year.

This is what I have been thinking as well.

Oddly , if you can believe this (I couldn't) the steelers made 4 consecutive 3 and outs in the jags game which helped them win. I know it's bortles, but still, they stepped up and as of late have been playing decent. I don't want them on this list because of how horrible they were and they have made our forum sick by neglecting the D in UFA and the draft.

I watched the Bears a bit, and they are a solid D. I don't know all the stats, but they are solid and generate TO's. It will be a game when they face the Rams or Saints thats for sure. 

On 2018-10-30 at 3:23 AM, Chiefer said:

What has been the cause of so much bad defense this year?

officiating being strict, the penalties and then some good offensive play to say the least.  Some of the catches that were once spectacular are routine now and the league has progressed in offence .

On 24/11/2018 at 4:05 PM, pigsooie5 said:

Watch a Bears game 

He did. His team put up 38 points on them ;)*

Yeah, it's easily Chicago. There's not a below average starter on that defense. I don't think they can hold a candle to previous 'best defenses', but they're this season's best.

*don't quote actual offense point, I was messing. 

Archived