Derek Carr vs Teddy Bridgewater, who would you rather have for the same price?

patriotsheatyan

Derek Carr vs Teddy Bridgewater, who would you rather have for the same price?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Derek Carr vs Teddy Bridgewater, who would you rather have for the same price?

• Carr
    • Bridgewater

Derek Carr is one of the most inconsitent players in the league. One week he will look like a top 5 QB,  the next a bottom 5 QB. I almost had enough of him as a QB, but then he tore it up  this past weekend again. It's insane how all over the place he is.

I'll go Carr. Teddy looking good in pre season won't change that for me. 

Carr, pretty easily. If anyone is due a change of scenery, it's Derek. New location with a new HC/OC could get him going again. He's had some big years before, so no reason to think he can't find it again.

Is this seriously a question? Carr has always been on NFL comparisons, but this is a new low.

The answer choices have convinced me that everyone is either trolling, or cannot evaluate quarterbacks. Take your pick.

For the record he outplayed Luck yesterday. Too bad we didn't get any stops and didn't rush for 200 yards like the Colts did.

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

One quarterback carried a bad defense. Another one was a beneficiary of playing with a very good one.

I don't see how that makes all that much of a difference when comparing quarterbacks.  Wins vs. losses, sure.  But when looking at which quarterback is better at their job, their defense doesn't matter too much.  I'm not trying to take a shot at Derek Carr, I just think Teddy can do big things if put in the proper situation and given a chance.  It's hard to know how long Drew Brees will play, but if Teddy can hang in there long enough, New Orleans might be a great place for him.

32 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't see how that makes all that much of a difference when comparing quarterbacks.  Wins vs. losses, sure.  But when looking at which quarterback is better at their job, their defense doesn't matter too much.  I'm not trying to take a shot at Derek Carr, I just think Teddy can do big things if put in the proper situation and given a chance.  It's hard to know how long Drew Brees will play, but if Teddy can hang in there long enough, New Orleans might be a great place for him.

Carr has proven he can play at a very high level, albeit which he has to return to, hopefully with a good team around him in the future. Teddy has looked decent at times, but has never really played near Carr's best, so unless you think he'll make large strides and that Carr is broken, you're basically projecting 100%.
I like him too to be a game manager style QB, but I think there's a reason he's not a starter right now and it's not just health. He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

Archived