THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

12 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@Kiwibrown

***For me, I don't care how great of an OC or DC the coach is if they can't be an effective CEO

My Essentials for a Browns Head Coach are:

1.) What is the Quality of Teaching/Coaching of the Staff they will hire?

2.) Will the philosophies and adaptability of the OC and QB coach mesh well with Baker Mayfield and elevate/develop his game?

3.) As a HC are they an inspirational football teachers? Can they inspire sacrifice,buy-in and commitment from grown men, instill discipline and mental toughness, hire/motivate/coach up elite coaches on their staff, and remain in control under the toxic sports environment that is Cleveland sports?

4.) Are the DC and defensive coaches that come along with the HC likely to get the most out of our young talent like Myles Garret?

------------

With all that in mind, my top candidates are:

Top-Tier Candidates as Strong CEOs/Full Spectrum Program Leaders With Ability to Hire Elite Staffs at OC/DC/ST/QBC

1.) Mike McCarthy

2.) David Shaw

--------------

The Elite CEO Head Coach with Concerns over Staff Hire Impact

3.) Dave Toub

-------------------

The Innovative Offensive/Mind OC/HC+Strong CEO Qualities with Concerns over Staff Hire Impact

4.) Chris Peterson

5.) Lincoln Riley

6.) Eric Bieniemy

7.) Dan Mullen

-------------------

Jim Harbaugh, Jim Schwartz, Josh McDaniels types are too emotionally volatile and ego-driven for an effective CEO life with the Browns imo.

John DeFillipo is not even close to the CEO types as his interviews and presence have been really bad in past interviews. This is known in a lot of scouting communities.

Jeremy Bates types are not it.

Pete Carmichael the OC from the Saints

6 minutes ago, kjmercer17 said:

Pete Carmichael the OC from the Saints

You say this with conviction. I'm guessing this is because he has done an incredible job calling plays for the Saints. 

With that in mind, I'd like to ask: Do you believe he can be more than an excellent playcaller? Because that's what we're looking for in a head coach. He's 46 years old and has never been a HC before. Listening to Benjamin Allbright on CBD today, it sounds like he's not that type of leader who's fit to put down a playbook and lead a football team.

Calling a good game is not what we're looking for, it's unparalleled leadership, and Carmichael is not one who fits that bill, from everything I've heard.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Lincoln Riley, from Rapsheet: "The truth is for me, I love Oklahoma. I love coaching here. I love coaching college football. I certainly don't have that itch...RIGHT NOW."

giphy.gif

Time for Baker to turn the tables on Lincoln and start his recruiting process

"COACH THEY HAVE A BOB EVANS HERE!!"

To be honest with lawrence,irvin,darby in free agency

plus 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the team finishes strong, I could see Greg Williams being the guy. If he became head coach, he’d probably hire Mike Mularkey as his OC. However, it’s very unlikely to me.

Dorsey will hire the oc in that case. If William's is kept 90/10 he is the DC not JC imo.

Archived