THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I really dont see Larry O as a 3/4 DE. Dude is at his best being a 1 gap penetrator. I think he would be a waste trying to turn into a 3/4 DE 

Garrett could live as a 3/4 DE but him getting put into coverage would be stupid to do.

Schobert could be ok in the 3/4 but I see him turning into a DJackson type of LB. He will make every tackle 5-6yards downfield

Christian Kirksey, I dont think he is big enough to play ILB or have the skills to be a OLB/Rusher.

Moving to a 3/4 would be a huge step back IMO

You need someone who believes in a one gap 3-4 system like Wade Phillips. He lets his DE penetrate.

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd prefer to keep the 4-3 but get rid of Gregg as DC.

Agree.

Seems to me that Greggg's "scheme" can only succeed if he has top players at every position, and maybe even not then if he plays them out of position.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Agree.

Seems to me that Greggg's "scheme" can only succeed if he has top players at every position, and maybe even not then if he plays them out of position.

I think Greg systems works best when he has a legit offense behind in him. An offense that makes teams pay for committing turnovers. Early in the season, the offense didn’t absolutely nothing with all those turnovers. Now it seems like the browns are getting points anytime they are put into a good position. 

Gregg Williams was never a defensive coach that was going to suffocate am opposing offense. He is a defense that is built on turnovers. Negative side tho is, you will give up yards. 

I think the defense has been fine this year, just the lack of any kind legit OLB has killed them 

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd be happy for greg hc for two years freddie oc and a new DC, who is a bit better.

Greg has good energy and create good team vibes.

Only problem with that is: Gregg has said a few times he won't give up running the defense ever again. I like Gregg, but I just don't see how it could work keeping him on board. His defensive schemes aren't good enough to stay at coordinator. He might be a good HC, but I doubt he'd accept just being the HC. Plus, I want a HC that can run one side of the ball. I'm not huge on these CEO types, like these ST coordinators. I'd consider Arians if he lets Freddie be the primary playcaller and hires Todd Bowles to run a 4-3, which he has in the past.

God help me, I'd consider the weasel, Josh McDaniels.

Dabo and Lincoln would also be cool.

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

wanna get the best out of baker, get him the best coach he has ever had. He is the leader of this team. If Baker respects Lincoln they much, the team will follow suit! 

I think most of us would love Riley, I just think most of us are skeptical he’d leave that cushy gig at Oklahoma.

11 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Only problem with that is: Gregg has said a few times he won't give up running the defense ever again. I like Gregg, but I just don't see how it could work keeping him on board. His defensive schemes aren't good enough to stay at coordinator. He might be a good HC, but I doubt he'd accept just being the HC. Plus, I want a HC that can run one side of the ball. I'm not huge on these CEO types, like these ST coordinators. I'd consider Arians if he lets Freddie be the primary playcaller and hires Todd Bowles to run a 4-3, which he has in the past.

Read up on the reports that have come out and a couple of interviews about McDaniels. Seems like the narrative on that situation turned more into a nuetral break up than McDaniels leaving the colts at the Alter. Also if Dorsey hires him it’s becuase he truly heard both sides of the story since Dorsey knows the Colta GM very well

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think most of us would love Riley, I just think most of us are skeptical he’d leave that cushy gig at Oklahoma.

Lincoln is to the point that he will always be considered a type tier college coach. Winning back to back heismans with his offensive schemes will do that. I think with his youth, that this is the perfect time to try the NFL. If he flops, he will be 40 and a college HC for the rest of his coaching career. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Read up on the reports that have come out and a couple of interviews about McDaniels. Seems like the narrative on that situation turned more into a nuetral break up than McDaniels leaving the colts at the Alter. Also if Dorsey hires him it’s becuase he truly heard both sides of the story since Dorsey knows the Colta GM very well

Agree, that's why I'd consider him. Before the interviews and the rumblings about how things went down, I was a firm no. But you're dead on with Dorsey and Ballard. Dorsey will have the luxury of hearing both sides, and he trusts Ballard. 

I'd also want to talk to McDaniel's players and find out if they thought he was genuine, and how he is as a leader. This team can't handle another fake coach, no matter how good of a playcaller he is.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Have 3 million dollars dont call plays. 

"Everyone has a price..." the million dollar man. 

I agree I dont want McDaniels at all. I dont lnow if him and Baker would suit.

Archived