THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

If the rumors are true there only one of two ways they are going about this coaching search. They already know who they want and it’s btwn Gregg, Arians, and Toub or they have their on somebody that’s currently a defensive coordinator my best guess is either Schwartz or Vic from Chicago. 

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If the rumors are true there only one of two ways they are going about this coaching search. They already know who they want and it’s btwn Gregg, Arians, and Toub or they have their on somebody that’s currently a defensive coordinator my best guess is either Schwartz or Vic from Chicago. 

Agree. If Kitchens has legitimately been named, then it seems the choices become narrowed down to Arians and Gregg for sure, the dark horse being Dabo who is longtime pals with Freddie, and possibly Toub. Obviously my choice of those guys would be Dabo, 2nd would be Arians with Kitchens as HC in waiting and Bowles as the DC, third would be a tie between Gregg and Toub.

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If that is true and the HC isn’t black, they will get destroyed by the NFL for not complying with the Rooney rule. Which would be a bad look since the league didn’t like the way they skirted around the rule last year when it came to hiring Dorsey. I believe that’s why they made adjustments to the rule this year

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If that is true and the HC isn’t black, they will get destroyed by the NFL for not complying with the Rooney rule. Which would be a bad look since the league didn’t like the way they skirted around the rule last year when it came to hiring Dorsey. I believe that’s why they made adjustments to the rule this year

I mean, we’re less than 2 years removed from having a minority HC, directory of pro personnel and GM. The GM before Sashi was AA.  We currently have an African-American VP of pro personnel and may be adding Reggie McKenzie to the FO in some capacity.

To even imply that the organization isn’t giving minorities a fair shot at things is pretty absurd, regardless as to who they hire this off-season.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we’re less than 2 years removed from having a minority HC, directory of pro personnel and GM. The GM before Sashi was AA.  We currently have an African-American VP of pro personnel and may be adding Reggie McKenzie to the FO in some capacity.

To even imply that the organization isn’t giving minorities a fair shot at things is pretty absurd, regardless as to who they hire this off-season.

Oh I know all of that but I just remember their were issues with the way Dorsey was hired. The Browns have been great about that but they still didn’t care. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/12/07/john-wooten-fritz-pollard-alliance-livid-browns-rooney-rule-john-dorsey/933568001/

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Oh I know all of that but I just remember their were issues with the way Dorsey was hired. The Browns have been great about that but they still didn’t care. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/12/07/john-wooten-fritz-pollard-alliance-livid-browns-rooney-rule-john-dorsey/933568001/

Yeah, the league are more about appearances than substance with a lot of these rules. Apparently the domestic violence rule us you can do it as long as there's no videotape, and the Rooney rule is that you need to bring in a token candidate no matter what. Good intentions, but idiotic implementation. The only 2 things Haslam has been good at in his tenure here are hiring minorities and hiring John Dorsey, and to even suggest otherwise was ludicrous. 

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

that he is under contract. Dont have to worry about him leaving as a FA.

The only way I think this is acceptable to promote him to full time OC at the moment, is so he cant interview for other OC jobs. That he has to wait until the new coach makes a decision on him

we can block anyone, hes an assistant head coach right now

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Why couldn't he/she/it be Hispanic, or Somalian?

And what happened to Condoleezza Rice if it has to be an African-American?

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Yeah, the league are more about appearances than substance with a lot of these rules. Apparently the domestic violence rule us you can do it as long as there's no videotape, and the Rooney rule is that you need to bring in a token candidate no matter what. Good intentions, but idiotic implementation. The only 2 things Haslam has been good at in his tenure here are hiring minorities and hiring John Dorsey, and to even suggest otherwise was ludicrous. 

Well I think with how Dorsey was brought in and how Oakland laughed at the Rooney rule last hear with Gruden, they are suppose to enforce the rule more this year than ever and that other stipulations have been added to avoid it. 

Ok, you guys need to listen to the interview Ken and Lima did with a Jason Lloyd a few days ago. You can access it through the 92.3 radio app section. I’m listening to it now and paused it to talk about it.

lloyd talked about how he thought it was very reckless move to go for it on 4th and 1. Said that some of the offensive player were not the happiest going for it. He then went on to mention that an offensive player said that there are enough offensive players that don’t like Gregg as the HC. Said they don’t hate him but rather have a different HC. 

Which doesn’t surprise me because the players tend to favor the style of the coach. I know when I played in college, our HC was a defensive guys and the defensive guys loved him but the way he acted always rubbed the offensive guys the wrong way

but so far the interview is a really good

On 12/17/2018 at 7:03 PM, buno67 said:

If he has already selected Arians to be his HC, he F'ed up the search and blew a great opportunity

Are you trying to say that Dorsey has wound up his search with 2 more games to go in this season? Are you daft? I'm sure that nothing like that had occurred!

On 12/18/2018 at 7:24 AM, buno67 said:

All the Browns have to do is interview a "black" candidate for HC and they are good. And the Browns shouldn't have caught any flak last year since Dorsey is NOT the HC!  So, the Browns did not "skirt around" the rule! 

On 12/18/2018 at 5:57 PM, bruceb said:

Why couldn't he/she/it be Hispanic, or Somalian?

And what happened to Condoleezza Rice if it has to be an African-American?

It is well known that one of Condoleeza Rice's most fervent hopes is to be Commissioner of the NFL some day!  And, she's a huge Browns fan! But Commissioner is an administrative post, of which she has plenty of experience. She has zero experience at coaching football!  So when the media started reporting that the Browns were considering Rice for the HC, I smelled it as BS! 

Archived