THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

To be fair Hawkins loves hue. Not sure if he knows what a head coach should be.

IIRC, Hawkins also had his worse year for us under Flip. So that could be a reason why he's not crazy about him, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Rams QB coach Zac Taylor is now the favorite according to Vegas anybody familiar with him?

Bill Belichick is +2000 to be our next head coach. LOL

Don't know much about Taylor though. Obviously the Rams and Jared Goff are having a ton of success, but how much of that is a credit to Taylor?

Any young OC attached to a good offense is going to be attached to the Browns search. 

I just want a HC that will be the brains to the offense. Any good non offensive HC has struggled to truly replace their good OCs when they leave

@Mind Character is correct. Some of the best NFL HCs were not the hot offseason coordinator. Unless it’s a guy who is doubling as coordinator and HC, expertise there isn’t all that relevant. The abilities as HC and coordinator are very different. There are exceptions with guys like Andy Reid and Doug Peterson. But what we need is a smart guy that knows how to develop players, put players in the best position to be successful, and make good in-game decisions. I couldn’t care less if our HC had a top 5 offense or defense as a coordinator. Most of those guys flame out every three years anyways, and each year there are a few hot names. If our guy that fits HC qualities happens to also be a good coordinator, that’s great. 

12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Bill Belichick is +2000 to be our next head coach. LOL

Don't know much about Taylor though. Obviously the Rams and Jared Goff are having a ton of success, but how much of that is a credit to Taylor?

Coach Taylor has a nice ring to it!

new team motto

clear eye clear heart can’t lose

and can we sign Riggins to be one of our new LBs

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

I do too. I just think it may be too early.

Is it? He has been a college HC for 7-8years and the past 3 at a big12 program. Dude has been ultra successful everywhere he has gone. 

I kinda like it that he is an offensive minded coach but has OL roots. 

I like the idea of Campbell and Riley but I just worry what kind of staff they could build.  

Also with the college coaches, firing Hue now gives them plenty of time to vet them and learn as much as possible about them. 

36 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@Mind Character is correct. Some of the best NFL HCs were not the hot offseason coordinator. Unless it’s a guy who is doubling as coordinator and HC, expertise there isn’t all that relevant. The abilities as HC and coordinator are very different. There are exceptions with guys like Andy Reid and Doug Peterson. But what we need is a smart guy that knows how to develop players, put players in the best position to be successful, and make good in-game decisions. I couldn’t care less if our HC had a top 5 offense or defense as a coordinator. Most of those guys flame out every three years anyways, and each year there are a few hot names. If our guy that fits HC qualities happens to also be a good coordinator, that’s great. 

doug pederson wasnt even the hot coordinator, philly hated that hire until they were like

HEY WAIT THIS GUY IS GOOD

I'd urge caution on getting on board the "Rams OC for HC!" bandwagon. Lafleur hasn't exactly excelled in TENN this year. McVay IS the OC for that team, makes it hard to evaluate their OCs without inside info.

Personally - Lincoln Riley/Matt Campbell both sound great. Defilippo would be cool too. Toub would be interesting, would be coordinator dependent IMO. There will be a number of good candidates, but I think Riley is the only one I would maybe put on the McVay/Shannahan tier of potential difference making HCs rather than just "solid, talent dependent" level.

6 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Taub is a guy Dorsey knows from KC and is a decent up and coming name. He makes sense. I'd be cook with Schwartz or Flip. Harbaugh Is a horrific idea, sorry pnies. Riley is probably a pipe dream. 

No thanks to Schwartz. Not HC material. What’s wrong with Harbaugh? He was great in San Fran. Sure he’s a bit eccentric but he’s a great coach. 

Archived