THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How’s lafluer doing in Tennessee? Could he be a legit candidate?

From what I can tell, it seems like he's doing a solid job considering the talent he's working with (which isn't much).

I still say McCarthy makes the most sense if he gets fired, which is looking like a very strong possibility. It just makes too much sense considering his connection to our guys in the front office. Not saying he's my top choice, but rather that he's the most likely choice. And like I've said before, I'd have very mixed feelings if that were to occur.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

From what I can tell, it seems like he's doing a solid job considering the talent he's working with (which isn't much).

I still say McCarthy makes the most sense if he gets fired, which is looking like a very strong possibility. It just makes too much sense considering his connection to our guys in the front office. Not saying he's my top choice, but rather that he's the most likely choice. And like I've said before, I'd have very mixed feelings if that were to occur.

It would be the most comfortable I have felt about a HC/FO relationship in over 30years with the Browns. 

I would just be very curious on who his staff would be. Would he go after a staff of coaches he has already worked with. Again I like the idea of MM and Mcadoo as  HC and OC. I like Mcadoo as an OC. Or would he go after a young OC and break them in and develop them. 

I think it was Breer that said during halftime of the TNF game from his periscope that he believes the next HC is going to be McDaniels or Campbell

I think it’s btwn McCarthy and Campbell. I would hope McCarthy would see the relationship btwn Kitchens and Baker and keep him on staff. McCarthy might have his Andy Reid tour with this team. Personally outside of Rodgers and Adams. I think we’re better at almost every level. But Campbell and Zac Taylor would be an interesting one. Both young fiery guys. Taylor has been an OC before so it’s not like it would be that big of a deal. Campbell has been a interm HC coach before so I’d be excited to see him with an entire offseason. I hate the idea of McDaniels honestly. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I think it’s btwn McCarthy and Campbell. I would hope McCarthy would see the relationship btwn Kitchens and Baker and keep him on staff. McCarthy might have his Andy Reid tour with this team. Personally outside of Rodgers and Adams. I think we’re better at almost every level. But Campbell and Zac Taylor would be an interesting one. Both young fiery guys. Taylor has been an OC before so it’s not like it would be that big of a deal. Campbell has been a interm HC coach before so I’d be excited to see him with an entire offseason. I hate the idea of McDaniels honestly. 

There are absolutely no comparisons to Andy Reid and McCarthy. Reids system didn’t go old in philly. It was more so personality wise and the team wanting to try something new. McCarthy is running a stale 2009 offense with no creativity. 

39 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I agree.. I'm not sure I want any of the castoffs. 

I'm not sure why there is love for McCarthy at all, so let me get this straight. We just got rid of one of the worst game Managers the NFL has ever seen and you guys want to replace him with another one of the top 10 worst game Managers ever? McCarthy just single handedly blew that Seattle game because of clock management and punting with 4 minutes left and 1 timeout left. No thanks, I would rather have a competant HC. 

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There are absolutely no comparisons to Andy Reid and McCarthy. Reids system didn’t go old in philly. It was more so personality wise and the team wanting to try something new. McCarthy is running a stale 2009 offense with no creativity. 

Yep.  Andy Reid is a hell of a coach and has been for a while.  I'll never forget what he did with Michael Vick - amazingly innovative and successful.  And now today, he is still pumping out successful and creative offensive football.  He has fallen short in the postseason, so he isn't mentioned as an "elite" coach, and that makes sense.  Some of his failures in the postseason have been on him, and some of it has been bad luck, but he is not only proving to be a great coach, but he also seems to be good at prepping his coaching staff for bigger and better things.

So NFLs Garfalo is reporting we’re looking to imitate Kansas City’s Offense and Coaching system. The problem is Reid calls the plays. So idk how that’s going to work. If I had to guess he wants everyone on the same page and to control there designated position groups. I know I know that sounds like a hard concept after Hue meddled in pretty much everything but if I had to guess it’s btwn Toub, McCarthy, and Dan Campbell. Im hoping if we hire Toub we keep Kitchens. I really like him. 

Archived