THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

i like toub for us tbh.  the last time we had everyone on the same page was *shock* randy lerner/holmgren/heckert/shurmur.  say what you want about shurmur (i know bruceb will) but they at least didnt have infighting and if it wasnt for lerner selling the team who knows what would have happened (yeah we woulda sucked but maybe not gone into the haslam hellhole).  toub and dorsey are tight.  hes already the assistant hc in KC.  Eric Bienemy could be a good hire, knows dorsey from KC/was an NFL player himself.  

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No thanks to Schwartz. Not HC material. What’s wrong with Harbaugh? He was great in San Fran. Sure he’s a bit eccentric but he’s a great coach. 

His act in SF were thin and he got out at the right time there. Great coach is debatable.  Hes solid for sure but hes a nut case.

I domt really want Schwartz but we could do worse and he'll be a hot name. I want an offensive guy 

i just want a guy who his players will run through a wall for, which means to me:
1. they have to be able to inspire
2. they have to be able to be accountable for themselves
3. they have to be able to communicate why they are taking certain actions
4. they have to meet a threshold of competency in football related matters
5. would be nice if they had talented friends

thats all i care about

What happens if we go 4-4 in these final 8 games.  You would have to assume that Williams would be in the running to remain the head coach.

What are the chances that Williams keeps the job? 

I couldn't imagine he would stay on as the DC if he was overlooked for the Head Coaching gig.  Plus the new coach would probably want to bring in his people. 

Just now, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

What happens if we go 4-4 in these final 8 games.  You would have to assume that Williams would be in the running to remain the head coach.

What are the chances that Williams keeps the job? 

I couldn't imagine he would stay on as the DC if he was overlooked for the Head Coaching gig.  Plus the new coach would probably want to bring in his people. 

We won't.

15 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

His act in SF were thin and he got out at the right time there. Great coach is debatable.  Hes solid for sure but hes a nut case.

I domt really want Schwartz but we could do worse and he'll be a hot name. I want an offensive guy 

what makes harbaugh a nut case besides he does things his way and doesn't care to look "good" to outsiders?  Also he took stanford from nothing to something, turned SF into a super bowl contender right away, then took over a fading michigan program and brought them back to upper tier team.  And yes im a michigan fan but my fandom has no weight on my opinion of him.  He is a great coach, not sure how any other thing could be said based on the results he has gotten at his last few stops.  I think a lot of browns fans have a clouded view of him based on them being OSU fans.  

17 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

SF has never been the same without him. The gm and owner were issues there too. 

29 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i like toub for us tbh.  the last time we had everyone on the same page was *shock* randy lerner/holmgren/heckert/shurmur.  say what you want about shurmur (i know bruceb will) but they at least didnt have infighting and if it wasnt for lerner selling the team who knows what would have happened (yeah we woulda sucked but maybe not gone into the haslam hellhole).  toub and dorsey are tight.  hes already the assistant hc in KC.  Eric Bienemy could be a good hire, knows dorsey from KC/was an NFL player himself.  

Big fan of his. He was my choice to start the year. He’d have to hire a good staff but he’s always had an organized special teams which is like having a mini team. 

If we can’t get Riley or Shaw. I want Toub hands down idc about his age. That’s who I want. He’s very well respected through out the league. Has been Andy Reid’s right hand man for years. Consistently turns out a top flight ST. Also is assistant HC. He knows Dorsey, he’s who I’d want. He’s the type of hire that isn’t flashy but will get all the flashy coordinators because he’s so highly thought of. The nfl looks to him when they’re making changes to ST changes. We’d for once have a HC who’s well respected. And will immediately be on the same page as Dorsey. Hell maybe we keep Gregg maybe we get that up and coming OC or DC. Toub could make it happen 

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Corey Coleman to fix our WR problem JMHO.

If he brings his not falling down shoes.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Make this Bakers team. Invest as much as humanly possible.

Lincoln Riley would do wonders for Baker.

its our only option and I think that Dorsey understands. 

I wouldnt be surpised if Greg gets the can on black monday as well. 

Archived