THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

--As far as Campbell is concerned, I read an article that says he is probably more likely to be Ohio St. next head coach if/when Urban leaves after this season or next.

--Arians has been my dream candidate since the beginning of the season, however since he is retired and on a TV contract, I highly doubt he steps away from that and unretires for the Cleveland Browns. However, I did notice the ties between Freddie Kitchen/Bruce Arians in that video @Kiwibrown  posted last night so maybe there is a small chance that might make him think about it a tiny bit? IDK.

Doesn't Arians have some health concerns?

18 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Doesn't Arians have some health concerns?

Yes, he retired because of his health and his wife asked him to because she was worried about him. So I would say the Arians thing is zero chance, along with Lincoln Riley lol.

I think its going to be somebody that Dorsey has strong ties to, whoever that is. This is his first HC hire and knowing he has to get this right for the team/Bakers development, he is not going to bring in somebody he has no ties to. Hes going to get one of 'his circle' guys that he trusts since he has to get this right. Which is why the whole Matt Campbell thing makes the most sense even if some on here dont think that much of him. Maybe Toub considering their KC connection and maybe even McCarthey considering the GB connection with Wolfe/Highsmith.

Im narrowing this down by 1) Dorsey ties 2) Leadership/Stability 3) Offensive Mind/Baker Development-----in that order of what I believe they will look for.

So who are the candidates that fit that.

16 hours ago, bigbluejt said:

I think a lot of browns fans have a clouded view of him (Harbaugh) based on them being OSU fans.  

Yup. He can't beat OSU (with an inferior team) so he automatically sucks.

There is nothing wrong with Jim Harbaugh. I don't care if my HC is brash so long as he's a good coach...and Harbaugh is most certainly that. He isn't my first choice, but I would be happy if we ended up with him.

18 hours ago, bigbluejt said:

what makes harbaugh a nut case besides he does things his way and doesn't care to look "good" to outsiders?  Also he took stanford from nothing to something, turned SF into a super bowl contender right away, then took over a fading michigan program and brought them back to upper tier team.  And yes im a michigan fan but my fandom has no weight on my opinion of him.  He is a great coach, not sure how any other thing could be said based on the results he has gotten at his last few stops.  I think a lot of browns fans have a clouded view of him based on them being OSU fans.  

I don’t think Baker and Harbs would mesh all that well. 

Also Harbs to me has lost his luster the way his Michigan coaching tenure has gone. 

His team has been the most talented team for the majority of his games but when the talent level evens out or he lost the talent advantage, he couldn’t win the games. 

If I am going to add a College Coach to this list.....my Favorite College Coach right now, to make the move to the Pro's....I like Dino Babers from Syracuse... that's a good coach with a LONG track record off Success at all his stops......he was the HC at Eastern Illinois when Jimmy G was there.....

51 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

EXCELLENT article on coaches who might be good for developing Baker. Highly recommended read here:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/10/29/matching-the-next-browns-head-coach-with-baker-mayfield/

Goes in depth on Lincoln, Flip and Cambell and why they could help Baker's development.

In did that was a great read. Just makes me love Riely even more. You want to do what’s best for baker. Go get Riley. I just wonder what specific coaches have gone to Oklahoma to talk to him. That info could link coaches to potential coaching staff for him

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

In did that was a great read. Just makes me love Riely even more. You want to do what’s best for baker. Go get Riley. I just wonder what specific coaches have gone to Oklahoma to talk to him. That info could link coaches to potential coaching staff for him

Riley is my dream hire, too. I'm just not sure if the Browns can pry him away.

I mostly liked the bit about Flip. I was down on him as a HC, but it sure sounds like he would know how to, at the very least, set Baker up for success.

And the Matt Campbell stuff is just more reason why he probably shouldn't be the guy.

Lastly, *indeed* ;)

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

--As far as Campbell is concerned, I read an article that says he is probably more likely to be Ohio St. next head coach if/when Urban leaves after this season or next.

--Arians has been my dream candidate since the beginning of the season, however since he is retired and on a TV contract, I highly doubt he steps away from that and unretires for the Cleveland Browns. However, I did notice the ties between Freddie Kitchen/Bruce Arians in that video @Kiwibrown  posted last night so maybe there is a small chance that might make him think about it a tiny bit? IDK.

He has always said that the browns HC was his dream. I'm sure there's a video on YouTube or something but it was on bleacher report awhile back. I'd still be more interested in the young buck but I would definitely live with Arians.

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

If I am going to add a College Coach to this list.....my Favorite College Coach right now, to make the move to the Pro's....I like Dino Babers from Syracuse... that's a good coach with a LONG track record off Success at all his stops......he was the HC at Eastern Illinois when Jimmy G was there.....

YOU STAY AWAY FROM DINO OR SO HELP ME GOD SOMETHING TERRIBLE WILL HAPPEN TO YOU !!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Riley is my dream hire, too. I'm just not sure if the Browns can pry him away.

I mostly liked the bit about Flip. I was down on him as a HC, but it sure sounds like he would know how to, at the very least, set Baker up for success.

And the Matt Campbell stuff is just more reason why he probably shouldn't be the guy.

Lastly, *indeed* ;)

I just don’t proof read. That’s what I meant lol

campbell is an extreme dark horse. He is the coach you go after if every else fails. It’s like if your last two choices was Campbell or Chud cause the last 8 candidates turned you down. I would take a chance on Campbell

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

YOU STAY AWAY FROM DINO OR SO HELP ME GOD SOMETHING TERRIBLE WILL HAPPEN TO YOU !!!!!!!

b0462a92e2c7f92e52ca5b7be6bf40ed3c688fb5

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t think Baker and Harbs would mesh all that well. 

Also Harbs to me has lost his luster the way his Michigan coaching tenure has gone. 

His team has been the most talented team for the majority of his games but when the talent level evens out or he lost the talent advantage, he couldn’t win the games. 

As a michigan fan i think he tenure has been great, a lot of people don't really understand how down the program was after rich rod and hoke eras.  Last yr he had the youngest team in college football in like the last 40 yrs and almost beat OSU with his 3rd string QB(who was terrible).  Im not going to debate if barrett had the 1st down or not but literally he was inches away from making playoffs that yr.  this yr he has them in playoff hunt.  Last yr anyone who looked at that team knew it would be a "reload" yr.  

30 minutes ago, bigbluejt said:

As a michigan fan i think he tenure has been great, a lot of people don't really understand how down the program was after rich rod and hoke eras.  Last yr he had the youngest team in college football in like the last 40 yrs and almost beat OSU with his 3rd string QB(who was terrible).  Im not going to debate if barrett had the 1st down or not but literally he was inches away from making playoffs that yr.  this yr he has them in playoff hunt.  Last yr anyone who looked at that team knew it would be a "reload" yr.  

Rich rod to Hoke wasn’t very good but Hoke to Harbs was a lot better. He should be finishing better than 4th place in the big10. Also the All or Nothing didn’t really make him look at that great. He wouldn’t be the worst hire in the world but he wouldn’t be my top3

Archived