THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

Just now, Fatgerman said:

Has any HC worked out with that owner? 

It’s one thing if the owner and him don’t exactly see eye to eye but when you lose the locker room and professionals like Gore,Wake, and Jones personally go to the front office it’s a huge red flag for me. 

7 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I feel so all alone...on Gase island. To be fair, I'd be cool keeping Freddie as HC. I bet he lands Todd Bowles as DC.

You should be alone on Gase island. Jarvis hated Gase. Jarvis talked a lot of crap about Gase when he came to Cleveland. He hated that Gase only allowed him to run the short route tree. We saw that Jarvis can be a weapon all over the field. Coming out last night and earlier today that a lot of players on Miami hated Gase, a lot of offensive players. If offensive players are hating the offensive coach, I think their is smoke to that fire.

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Rather have Wilks tbh 

my feelings exactly. I think Wilks goes back to the panthers but I would love to see him in Cleveland. He did great things with the secondary with the panthers and would love to see what he could do with Ward and Peppers. Also he would keep the 4/3. He might be the best 4/3 DC on the market. I dont know if the Browns can hire a guy who has connections with Wilks. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You should be alone on Gase island. Jarvis hated Gase. Jarvis talked a lot of crap about Gase when he came to Cleveland. He hated that Gase only allowed him to run the short route tree. We saw that Jarvis can be a weapon all over the field. Coming out last night and earlier today that a lot of players on Miami hated Gase, a lot of offensive players. If offensive players are hating the offensive coach, I think their is smoke to that fire.

Yeah a “my way or the highway” type dude may not mesh with Baker.

Part if the reason he and Freddie seem to do so well is Freddie doesn’t seem to give two shts about Baker’s “antics” and personality.  Hell, he may even dig it.  Lots of dudes don’t/won’t.  

IMO the next coach of this team has to be comfortable enough in his own skin to let Baker control the locker room, keep up with Baker’s personality and develop a relationship with him and yet be able to reign him in when needed.  I feel like Freddie is that guy personally, but I don’t mind kicking some tires.

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You're a mean girl.

What’s your guys realistic dream coaching staff hires?

im going with 

HC Riley OC kitchens DC Bowles ST Darren Rizzi 

QB coach/passing coordinator flip (flip is a poor playcaller but according to things I’ve heard from interviews he’s a great play designer )

Senior assistant bob stoops (he won’t want to be an official coach but this could scratch any coaching itch he might have without the massive amount of stress being in charge would have. He’d be a great mentor and support system for Riley. 

Rizzi was Miami’s ST coach and with gase being fired he will be allowed to take other jobs. He’s one of the best in the league. 

Id keep the majority of the staff after that. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

HC Riley

OC Freddie

DC Wilkes (I have no interest in a 3-4)

ST Not Anus 

QB coach: Zampese (if it ain’t broke...)

Yeah I’m still not sure who I want as DC. I haven’t looked into the jets defense enough to see how much 3-4 he actually runs. 

Those of the " I hate when HC throw players under the bus or call them out in pressers" variety are sure to hate Adam Gase.

He's been doing so and clashing with players since he arrived in Miami (and big name players too)... Ryan Tannehill, Jay Ajayi, Jarvis Landry

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/27/what-miami-dolphins-adam-gase-said-friday/

There's multiple other incidents with specific defensive players and other offensive players like Kenyon Drake.

If indeed Peyton Manning is suggesting Gase and doesn't listen to Dorsey's recommendation than shame on him .... shame! shame!

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Those of the " I hate when HC throw players under the bus or call them out in pressers" variety are sure to hate Adam Gase.

He's been doing so and clashing with players since he arrived in Miami (and big name players too)... Ryan Tannehill, Jay Ajayi, Jarvis Landry

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/10/27/what-miami-dolphins-adam-gase-said-friday/

There's multiple other incidents with specific defensive players and other offensive players like Kenyon Drake.

So you’re a fan I take it?

Archived