THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

56 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Mike Munchak hired Gregg Williams as Senior Defensive Assistant in Tennessee.

So, assuming we want to retain Williams and Munchak is a fit with Dorsey we'd have to find an OC.

Dowell Loggains and Chris Palmer were Munchak's OCs.

Loggains is not returning to Cleveland nor would I want him to. Palmer was fired by Munchak.

I like the potential staff McDaniels could. I like their assistant QB coach as a potential OC/QB coach under McDaniels. Defense just worries me with him because I don’t want a 3/4 scheme again 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

McDaniels is eyeing the patriots job. I’d bet they have an agreement with him to take over after Belichick. That’s why he pulled out of the Indy job and hasn’t taken others. He’s not coming here

I hope so he’s ******* toxic and I want no part of him 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s why you hire a good OC. 

Then OC leaves and back to Square 1 and Baker has to learn new system. How about hire a damn creative OC as HC and Baker builds relationship with him and does damage like Goff with McVay, Brees with Payton, Wentz with Pederson and Mahomes with Reid. 

9 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Then OC leaves and back to Square 1 and Baker has to learn new system. How about hire a damn creative OC as HC and Baker builds relationship with him and does damage like Goff with McVay, Brees with Payton, Wentz with Pederson and Mahomes with Reid. 

Or Belichick with Brady, Wilson with Carroll, Ben with Tomlin, cam with Rivera... wait no those guys have defensive backgrounds.

it doesn’t always matter what the background is. It’s about stability. Toub has been the best at what he does for almost a decade. Harbaugh was a great ST coach himself and ended up with a super bowl. So it’s not that crazy. 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

I like the potential staff McDaniels could. I like their assistant QB coach as a potential OC/QB coach under McDaniels. Defense just worries me with him because I don’t want a 3/4 scheme again 

His coaching staff for the Colts last year surprised a lot of people...

It would be difficult to think a lot of assistant coaches would be willing to move their families with him based on what transpired the last time.

I don't think McDaniels is a realistic possibility nor would I want him to be the coach..

Yeah I think McDaniels stays in NE unless some dumb owner (sounds like Jimmy) gives him a blank check. I don't really see the appeal of McDaniels, either. New England is about the only place he's found real success, and it's not that hard to do with Brady as your QB. Although I will admit there's been times in New England where their skill position players left a lot to be desired, yet their offense was still successful.

Riley would be great. So would Arians minus his age. McCarthy and Toub both make a lot of sense due to their connections with Dorsey. Of those four, McCarthy would probably be my last pick, but he would still be a solid hire.

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah I think McDaniels stays in NE unless some dumb owner (sounds like Jimmy) gives him a blank check. I don't really see the appeal of McDaniels, either. New England is about the only place he's found real success, and it's not that hard to do with Brady as your QB. Although I will admit there's been times in New England where their skill position players left a lot to be desired, yet their offense was still successful.

Riley would be great. So would Arians minus his age. McCarthy and Toub both make a lot of sense due to their connections with Dorsey. Of those four, McCarthy would probably be my last pick, but he would still be a solid hire.

McCarthy would be a great bridge hire. He’ll get us to mediocre before realizing he has no creativity and is nothing without Rodgers. 

There’s a report that if Dan Campbell were to become a HC his top choice for OC would be Zac Tayler QB coach for the rams. They served together as interm HC and OC in 2015 for the dolphins. 

Honestly, that wouldn’t be too bad. I’d like to keep Gregg Williams on staff for atleast a year while they handle the O side. Also Al Saunders was on that 2015 staff when dan Campbell was name interm HC. He might stay 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Or Belichick with Brady, Wilson with Carroll, Ben with Tomlin, cam with Rivera... wait no those guys have defensive backgrounds.

it doesn’t always matter what the background is. It’s about stability. Toub has been the best at what he does for almost a decade. Harbaugh was a great ST coach himself and ended up with a super bowl. So it’s not that crazy. 

Belichek has OC that's been with Brady for over a decade. Wilson would put up better numbers if he had better offensive coach tbh. Big Ben is HOF and tbh were lucky Steeles have had Tomlin as HC. Better coach, especially OC and Steelers would of made the SB. Look at Cam, give him a decent OC and he's putting his best numbers since MVP season. Imagine if he had OC like that for his coach. Lucky for him nobody gonna hire Norv Turner as a HC

also I don’t know if this has been mentioned but kris Richards has been a hotname attached to us recently. He’s the DBs Coach for the Cowboys and former DC in Seattle. Man can u imagine doing that wide 9 front with Garrett and potential Frank Clark. Then a secondary with Greedy Williams, Jabril Peppers, Randall, Ward, and Mitchell. Oh boy. The OC would be critical though. 

Archived