THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

This is starting to look like The Big #%@& redux.

Only difference so far is that Dorsey has brought seemingly more competent as well as connected people along with him.

My concern is that this crony network produced one Super Bowl win.

Same number as The Big #%@& and his cronies.

12 hours ago, Mind Character said:

His coaching staff for the Colts last year surprised a lot of people...

It would be difficult to think a lot of assistant coaches would be willing to move their families with him based on what transpired the last time.

I don't think McDaniels is a realistic possibility nor would I want him to be the coach..

My only hope is it being his hometown. That he wouldn’t do anything shady

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

McDaniels is eyeing the patriots job. I’d bet they have an agreement with him to take over after Belichick. That’s why he pulled out of the Indy job and hasn’t taken others. He’s not coming here

What is going to be great about the Pats job when BB and Brady leave? You will have a HC but will need a new QB, a new GM, and a new brains for the defense. That’s going to be a hard job To have cause everyone is going to expect you to have the success Brady and BB had.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What is going to be great about the Pats job when BB and Brady leave? You will have a HC but will need a new QB, a new GM, and a new brains for the defense. That’s going to be a hard job To have cause everyone is going to expect you to have the success Brady and BB had.

Trying to talk up the Browns job in comparison Pats job is as homer of a stance as I’ve seen from you, and that’s saying something.

The Browns job is probably the worst of the 32 gigs.  Our owner is a meddling abomination and our fan base is an impatient mess.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Trying to talk up the Browns job in comparison Pats job is as homer of a stance as I’ve seen from you, and that’s saying something.

The Browns job is probably the worst of the 32 gigs.  Our owner is a meddling abomination and our fan base is an impatient mess.

The worst of the 32 jobs? GTFO. 

Cowboys have the most meddling owner in the league and will openly rip the HC on his talk show. He will also force the new HC to play Dak as the QB because they will extend him soon. Oh yeah and Jerry Jones will make you his own little puppet. If you don’t, buh bye! Remember this is the same owner that walked away from Jimmy Johnson. You want to be a long term coach for Jerry Jones, but make room for his hand to be up your arse

You think Boston fans won’t get impatient when the success they arnt use to isn’t happening again? Saw that fan base get restless after Redsoxs and Celtics weren’t repeating. 

You look at what the Pats will be in a few years. What will they have? That team has been all about BB. That’s gonna be an extremely tough act to follow. Also you won’t have Brady. Your best offensive weapon will be a RB in a purely passing league while you break in a rookie/new QB.

just saying you come to the browns you have a complement GM, a young QB, and some top tier defensive talent. Oh yeah and another top10 pick this year. . Again the Pats have been trading some of their higher picks to make the last few years with Brady as best as possible. It’s not like BB has really set up the future there in NE

are the browns the best job? No but are they the worst? Not even close

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I still don’t get the Toub love. 

Honestly, my love for Toub is he is loved by his players and coaches.  He does a great job with what he has.  And I am a huge Proponent of hiring a special teams coordinator as a head coach.  Its less about devising a scheme and more about working with the players you have to create opportunities.  You get whatever players the Head Coach gives you, and you build a relationship with them and get them to play for you.  I see more of the CEO training in a special teams coordinator than I do an offensive or defensive coordinator.

I could see Toub hiring a OC and DC that are well thought of and experianced so he can focus on the head coaching side of things.

My biggest drawback is if you hire an OC as HC who calls the plays, he would be around for a while.  If you hire Toub as HC and he brings in his OC, if the OC is successful he could leave for a HC gig.  Then you would have to bring in someone else and change systems (ala Kyle Shannahan for Atlanta). 

That being said I want a stable HC who will be around forever, I don't think being a good OC qualifies you to be a head coach (look at Hue as a perfect example).  I want a guy who has success being a leader of men and not just creatively calling plays.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

How about organizational stability, familiarity with the team and the interworkings. McDaniels has proven he can make other qbs work in his system and Belichick will most likely stick around in the front office. It is absolutely a great job. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How about organizational stability, familiarity with the team and the interworkings. McDaniels has proven he can make other qbs work in his system and Belichick will most likely stick around in the front office. It is absolutely a great job. 

You’re wasting your time.

The fact we haven’t had the same OC for 3 consecutive seasons since the Reagan administration (?) means nothing apparently.

The fact we’re gonna be hiring our 6th HC since 2012 means nothing.

Browns > Pats...

While I have a couple favorites in mind for the HC job (Riley, Arians) and some names being mentioned that I definitely don't want (McDaniels), the more important thing in my mind is to let Dorsey pick his guy and have the HC report to him in the org structure and keep Mr & Mrs Truckstop's meddling noses out of the whole business. You don't want discord in your front office, how about structuring it the right way!?

Archived