THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How about organizational stability, familiarity with the team and the interworkings. McDaniels has proven he can make other qbs work in his system and Belichick will most likely stick around in the front office. It is absolutely a great job. 

That’s a lot of Ifs. If BB retires from coaching and fully buys into being a FO guy it maybe works but do you think he does that? A lot of things that make the Pats work and run is by doing it the BB way. Is that going to work when it’s McDaniels running the show? Are players going to fully trust McDaniels like they did BB or fear McDaniels like they did with BB?

McDaniels tried to do it the BB way in Denver. That failed miserably. That Denver franchise he was in was extremely stabilize and well ran. He tried blowing it up and tried to be his own BB. My hope is if he came here he wouldn’t try to be the next BB

Just saying Pats have been amazing because of BB and Brady. Who knows where that franchise goes once those two are gone. 

I truly don’t believe Dorsey even has McDaniels in his top 5. Sometimes you know you and someone aren’t going to get along. I think Dorsey’s knows that and just includes him to keep haslam happy. Honestly I think he already knows who it’s going to be. 

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re wasting your time.

The fact we haven’t had the same OC for 3 consecutive seasons since the Reagan administration (?) means nothing apparently.

The fact we’re gonna be hiring our 6th HC since 2012 means nothing.

Browns > Pats...

Again, once Brady and BB retires what do the Pats have? Do they have a franchise QB waiting in the wings? do they have young dominate defense to lean on? do they have the #1 pick for the following draft?

Again you make your smart arse comments but haven’t answered the question. Once Brady And Bill retire what do the Pats  have?

why is this hard to believe? For once the timing just worked out for the browns.

I just pray that the Packers job doesn’t come open because that will be the best job on the market because of Aaron Rodgers.  

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Again, once Brady and BB retires what do the Pats have? Do they have a franchise QB waiting in the wings? do they have young dominate defense to lean on? do they have the #1 pick for the following draft?

Is Brady retiring today?  For all we know they draft someone in April and he’s gtg when Brady retires...

Again you make your smart arse comments but haven’t answered the question. Once Brady And Bill retire what do the Pats  have?

A stable owner and franchise that allows employees to do their job and understands how to run a franchise.  Not sure why you’re understating the importance of this?

why is this hard to believe? For once the timing just worked out for the browns.

It’s not just once, I’ve heard this before...

I just pray that the Packers job doesn’t come open because that will be the best job on the market because of Aaron Rodgers.  

Agreed.

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is Brady retiring today?  For all we know they draft someone in April and he’s gtg when Brady retires...

A stable owner and franchise that allows employees to do their job and understands how to run a franchise.  Not sure why you’re understating the importance of this?

It’s not just once, I’ve heard this before...

Agreed.

If Brady and BB are still here after the season they won’t be drafting a QB in the first 3 RDs. As long as Brady is playing they will be in a win now mode. 

Why has the organization been so stable? They had BB and brady. Once you lose that franchise QB and/or Coach. That stability starts to weaken. Look at Denver. They were one of the best organizations. They go separate ways with Shanny and things started to break down. They are now upon hiring their 6th HC since Shanny left Denver with the rumors of them wanting to fire Joseph. Things looked great under Elway now he is starting to feel the heat since he can’t find a franchise QB. Dever got lucky that they got Manning when they did. A franchise can take a sharp turn once they lose a great coach or great coach. New England is on the verge of losing the greatest coach of all time and greatest QB of all time in a single offseason whenever they decide to retire. That will be felt throughout the entire organization, specially with the coach is also the GM.

Pats to get that coach, they hired the coach that quit the Jets job after one days.  It’s not like the Pats were the model to run a franchise before BB got there. BB is a goat coach for a reason. He took that franchise to another level, that franchise didn’t take him to that level. 

You heard this once before? The browns have never looked this good to potential HC candidates? How many HC candidates have had the chance to work with a team like this that has a young QBOTF, cornerstone DE and DB, future top10 pick, cap room and a legit GM in place? The timing for the Browns is right for once. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’re wasting your time.

The fact we haven’t had the same OC for 3 consecutive seasons since the Reagan administration (?) means nothing apparently.

The fact we’re gonna be hiring our 6th HC since 2012 means nothing.

Browns > Pats...

Buno is in his prime. 

I heard this on the radio yesterday. I don’t think Bruce Arians would be the greatest HC/ offense for Baker. You look at his history and the QBs he likes, he likes his bigger and thick QBs  (Palmer, Luck,  Big Ben). He likes his QBs bigger because they can take and absorb hits. They talks about His offense is about the 5-7 step drops and doesn’t always help the offensive line. That is leads to his QBs looking good but also taking some hits. Big Ben was always getting beat up, Palmer got hurt a few times under him and was lost during one of their better years. Hell Tim Couch got physically destroyed in his offense but looked good tho. 

Idk if Baker can survive in his system

4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Honestly, my love for Toub is he is loved by his players and coaches.  He does a great job with what he has.  And I am a huge Proponent of hiring a special teams coordinator as a head coach.  Its less about devising a scheme and more about working with the players you have to create opportunities.  You get whatever players the Head Coach gives you, and you build a relationship with them and get them to play for you.  I see more of the CEO training in a special teams coordinator than I do an offensive or defensive coordinator.

I could see Toub hiring a OC and DC that are well thought of and experianced so he can focus on the head coaching side of things.

My biggest drawback is if you hire an OC as HC who calls the plays, he would be around for a while.  If you hire Toub as HC and he brings in his OC, if the OC is successful he could leave for a HC gig.  Then you would have to bring in someone else and change systems (ala Kyle Shannahan for Atlanta). 

That being said I want a stable HC who will be around forever, I don't think being a good OC qualifies you to be a head coach (look at Hue as a perfect example).  I want a guy who has success being a leader of men and not just creatively calling plays.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. I just always worry about older cats that supposedly have a good reputation that haven’t been given a shot, like Crennel. 

Keep in mind though that I thought the same way about Zimmer.  

42 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

According to Dustin Fox’s sauces there is serious smoke to Matt Campbell to the Browns. According to a rival coach he very special and the Browns would be smart to hire him. 

He just said he’s got 3 sauces saying the same thing. 

i dont think that its out of the realm of possibility but think about this -> they can only talk to college people now, barred from talking to NFL people until that first week before the playoffs

31 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i dont think that its out of the realm of possibility but think about this -> they can only talk to college people now, barred from talking to NFL people until that first week before the playoffs

Which is one thing I like, it’s allows them to get as much vetting on the college guys as possible. 

Idk, there is that video of Campbell talking about the big upset they had last year. I think it was when they beat Oklahoma. He talked about building up the program. Understanding what the process is and what it means to fall in love with the process and more. It just seems like Dorsey has preached similar things when it comes to talking about this team. Also like what was reported a couple days on why he drafted Baker. They said he like Baker because he would know how to battle through and survive the dysfunction of the team and help right the ship. What Campbell has had to deal with, dealing with a lot of the dysfunction Iowa St had going on in the entire football program and athletic program. Now He is close to potentially taking Iowa St to the big12 title game. If Iowa St beats Texas and Oklahoma beats WVU. We could see an Iowa St Oklahoma rematch in the conference title game. Might see the entire Browns FO Attending that game for Riley Campbell and Butler. As long as Iowa St takes care of Business the rest of the season they should be in it. Hell he could potentially lead them to 11 wins (if they win conference and bowl game). Most wins in program is 9 and it’s happed only twice. Which would be even more impressive because its schedule is currently the 3rd hardest in program history. 

Just seems like the things Dorsey has been preaching are things Campbell preaches as well

41 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Which is one thing I like, it’s allows them to get as much vetting on the college guys as possible. 

Idk, there is that video of Campbell talking about the big upset they had last year. I think it was when they beat Oklahoma. He talked about building up the program. Understanding what the process is and what it means to fall in love with the process and more. It just seems like Dorsey has preached similar things when it comes to talking about this team. Also like what was reported a couple days on why he drafted Baker. They said he like Baker because he would know how to battle through and survive the dysfunction of the team and help right the ship. What Campbell has had to deal with, dealing with a lot of the dysfunction Iowa St had going on in the entire football program and athletic program. Now He is close to potentially taking Iowa St to the big12 title game. If Iowa St beats Texas and Oklahoma beats WVU. We could see an Iowa St Oklahoma rematch in the conference title game. Might see the entire Browns FO Attending that game for Riley Campbell and Butler. As long as Iowa St takes care of Business the rest of the season they should be in it. Hell he could potentially lead them to 11 wins (if they win conference and bowl game). Most wins in program is 9 and it’s happed only twice. Which would be even more impressive because its schedule is currently the 3rd hardest in program history. 

Just seems like the things Dorsey has been preaching are things Campbell preaches as well

Then grab Hakeem Butler and Marquis Brown in rounds 2&3 and $$$.

Archived