THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

On 2018-11-08 at 5:55 PM, NateDawg said:

I like Campbell. 

I’d much rather target a good leader who is going to assist with establishing a winning culture than an Xs and Os guy. I’ll leave that to our guys getting the right assistants in place. The McVeys and Paytons are rare breeds. 

Add Kyle Shanahan and Andy Reid as well

Freddie Kitchens showed out today gents.  That game plan was as good as I’ve seen and he’s got them making less mistakes.

I’m not saying he should be the HC, but I’m not saying he shouldn’t.

If he keeps improving the offense the rest of the way, I don’t see how you let him walk tbh.

So ....have not read all of this thread I will admit so may have been discussed but, if we do well the rest of the way why not keep it as is? If Greg has them winning and Kitchens keeps the offense humming, why fix what is not broken ? 

Except our ST coach, he needs to be gone lol

If we play out the way we’ve been playing. I would like Toub or Harbough. Then keep Kitchens and Gregg and hope we get it right this time. Toub and Harbough will get us an elite ST and CEO types. Great at all 3 phases. I just can’t see Gregg Williams as someone I’m going to trust with our franchise QB 

13 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

If we play out the way we’ve been playing. I would like Toub or Harbough. Then keep Kitchens and Gregg and hope we get it right this time. Toub and Harbough will get us an elite ST and CEO types. Great at all 3 phases. I just can’t see Gregg Williams as someone I’m going to trust with our franchise QB 

My issue with that is we are then handcuffing the new HC with coaches he may not want on his staff. Either we bring in a new HC and let him get the coaches he wants or we keep Williams and let him do so. 

14 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I would be ok with this assuming, of course, that Williams and Kitchens would be willing to stay on 

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

My issue with that is we are then handcuffing the new HC with coaches he may not want on his staff. Either we bring in a new HC and let him get the coaches he wants or we keep Williams and let him do so. 

Yep. As much as I like Williams and really want Kitchens to stick around as OC, we have to do this the right way for once. Get Haslam out of football decision making and make it Dorsey's team in that regard, and let Dorsey hire the HC, who would then be allowed to hire his coordinators. Much of the disfunctionality and discord in the building can be traced to Haslam constantly handcuffing new hires to old ones and having piss poor organizational structure. We need to build the organization the right way this time. If that means Kitchens or Williams stays on, without any kind of mandate, that would be great, but it shouldn't be dictated.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I would be ok with this assuming, of course, that Williams and Kitchens would be willing to stay on 

This is one reason I think Bruce Arians would be a great hire. If Arians would come on and keep both Williams as DC and Kitchens as OC (groomed to be HC when Arians wants to retire for good). Williams could be DC until he wants to retire and in the meantime he could groom our next DC. I see this as the scenario that would keep things going in a positive direction while still building for the future. It would drastically help Mayfield in his development. This is the scenario I am hoping for at this point.

Archived