THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

4 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Yep. As much as I like Williams and really want Kitchens to stick around as OC, we have to do this the right way for once. Get Haslam out of football decision making and make it Dorsey's team in that regard, and let Dorsey hire the HC, who would then be allowed to hire his coordinators. Much of the disfunctionality and discord in the building can be traced to Haslam constantly handcuffing new hires to old ones and having piss poor organizational structure. We need to build the organization the right way this time. If that means Kitchens or Williams stays on, without any kind of mandate, that would be great, but it shouldn't be dictated.

Yep. As much as @pnies20 got dip****ted by @therealdeal about our win today being maybe a little lucky as far as dome team cold weather on the road yada yada yoda. It’s actually accurate. We need to wait until the end of the year to make a final assessment. Williams was garbage as an HC. 

Hastag wetblanket

I'm glad we still have so many games left to give Gregg and Freddie the opportunity to do what they do. 

I was convinced they had zero chance of being retained, but how can we NOT second guess this presumption now?

As I said in another thread, I still need to see this team prove that they can do this against a tougher competition. I say that mainly for this offense, but I'm also not convinced that weather was not a factor in this one for the offense.

Still got a long way to go, but I'm happy to see these guys do their thing and being the swagger back to the Land in the process.

9 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm glad we still have so many games left to give Gregg and Freddie the opportunity to do what they do. 

I was convinced they had zero chance of being retained, but how can we NOT second guess this presumption now?

As I said in another thread, I still need to see this team prove that they can do this against a tougher competition. I say that mainly for this offense, but I'm also not convinced that weather was not a factor in this one for the offense.

the weather can't of been that bad, there wasnt much wind and it wasn't snowing

9 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Still got a long way to go, but I'm happy to see these guys do their thing and being the swagger back to the Land in the process.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ayyy ye underestimate the southern folk. It’s literally a problem for them. 

Fine for us literally the end of the world for them. 

Wasn't it like 40 degrees ? I live on a sub-tropical island where it rarely goes below 50 (and is currently 75 degrees) and while I wear a jacket in the winter it by no means stops me from being able to do things outdoors. And more so, when I go to Korea and it is below freezing and snow on the ground I am still able to operate. I really think you guys are putting far, far too much into this "the weather" held them back thing. 

listening to Carmen and Lima. 

They made a great point. If Baker and Chubb keep looking great. Specially with their hardest games behind them. Not saying the schedule is now super easy but that the previous three games was the hardest stretch of the season. If the Browns rip of some games like yesterday, the Browns might become the best job available when you see the talent the new HC could have at his disposal. 

46 minutes ago, buno67 said:

listening to Carmen and Lima. 

They made a great point. If Baker and Chubb keep looking great. Specially with their hardest games behind them. Not saying the schedule is now super easy but that the previous three games was the hardest stretch of the season. If the Browns rip of some games like yesterday, the Browns might become the best job available when you see the talent the new HC could have at his disposal. 

If they keep ripping off games like yesterday this job shouldn’t be available.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they keep ripping off games like yesterday this job shouldn’t be available.

I don’t know about that. I like Gregg but is the success because of Williams or because Hue is no longer here and holding the team back. Hue was poisoning the team. Dorsey has to know if he hits on his HC. This team is taking off. I don’t know if he is truly the best HC. Hell, I’d be worried about losing Kitchen in a year. The dude has this offense going. Yea it was vs Atlanta but the best it has looked in close to 3 seasons. He is doing it with innovation too. With the full house pistols, the jet and fly motion and the motion going behind the RB (can’t remember the terminology for that kind of motion). His play call has been great as well. Like playing the pistol package and hitting duke out of the backfield and coming back to the play a little bit later and it leads to the slant coming open because they were playing the RBs. 

Greg Williams def should get a legit shot for interview but they need to look at everyone. Dorsey will do what he thinks is best. Kinda like taking Baker over Darnold. 

5 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Wasn't it like 40 degrees ? I live on a sub-tropical island where it rarely goes below 50 (and is currently 75 degrees) and while I wear a jacket in the winter it by no means stops me from being able to do things outdoors. And more so, when I go to Korea and it is below freezing and snow on the ground I am still able to operate. I really think you guys are putting far, far too much into this "the weather" held them back thing. 

It's difficult for southern dome teams to come to a cold, windy outdoor stadium. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know about that. I like Gregg but is the success because of Williams or because Hue is no longer here and holding the team back. Hue was poisoning the team. Dorsey has to know if he hits on his HC. This team is taking off. I don’t know if he is truly the best HC. Hell, I’d be worried about losing Kitchen in a year. The dude has this offense going. Yea it was vs Atlanta but the best it has looked in close to 3 seasons. He is doing it with innovation too. With the full house pistols, the jet and fly motion and the motion going behind the RB (can’t remember the terminology for that kind of motion). His play call has been great as well. Like playing the pistol package and hitting duke out of the backfield and coming back to the play a little bit later and it leads to the slant coming open because they were playing the RBs. 

Greg Williams def should get a legit shot for interview but they need to look at everyone. Dorsey will do what he thinks is best. Kinda like taking Baker over Darnold. 

I hear you, Williams wouldn’t be anyone’s first choice on paper but if they continue to play like they did yesterday who gives a damn?

I wonder how much a guy like Arians coming in and grooming Kitchens as his successor is a possibility should this production continue?

Hell, if Baker and the offense keep playing like this, Freddie may get an interview himself tbh.

Archived