THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

If he brings his not falling down shoes.

its our only option and I think that Dorsey understands. 

I wouldnt be surpised if Greg gets the can on black monday as well. 

Depending on the second half and what Gregg and the defense do, I wouldn’t mind possibly retaining him if we bring in Lincoln Riley.

He’s gonna need a strong defensive coordinator and someone who knows the NFL and has some experience.  Gregggg fits that description.  I don’t want another Jim O’Neal.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Depending on the second half and what Gregg and the defense do, I wouldn’t mind possibly retaining him if we bring in Lincoln Riley.

He’s gonna need a strong defensive coordinator and someone who knows the NFL and has some experience.  Gregggg fits that description.  I don’t want another Jim O’Neal.

yeah, Jim O'Nea is the Hue Jackson of defensive coordinators, or worse. 

It might not be a bad idea to keep Greg, it sure can be difficult to assemble a full staff.

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

yeah, Jim O'Nea is the Hue Jackson of defensive coordinators, or worse. 

It might not be a bad idea to keep Greg, it sure can be difficult to assemble a full staff.

I just want a guy who seems competent at times.

Greggg is that.

Our defense has been good enough most weeks imo.

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No thanks to Schwartz. Not HC material. What’s wrong with Harbaugh? He was great in San Fran. Sure he’s a bit eccentric but he’s a great coach. 

Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick both failed their first time around as HC. I wouldn't be so quick to judge IMO

Can somebody give me a little background why Campbell is always mentioned? On the surface I see that he is the coach at Iowa State....which isnt exactly known as a powerhouse. If he is a NFL caliber HC why is he coaching little Iowa State?

I think Lincoln Riley is a pipe dream that will never happen so Im not even going to bother thinking about it

The most interesting name is Pete Carmichael. He has been the Saints OC since 2009. If there is any candidate out there that I have trust in that can come in and kickstart the Browns offense its Carmichael considering he has a long tenure and experience while also putting together one of the best offensive systems in football for the past decade. Plus he was Drew Brees QB coach early on before his promotion for whatever thats worth with shorter QBs.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Can somebody give me a little background why Campbell is always mentioned? On the surface I see that he is the coach at Iowa State....which isnt exactly known as a powerhouse. If he is a NFL caliber HC why is he coaching little Iowa State?

I think Lincoln Riley is a pipe dream that will never happen so Im not even going to bother thinking about it

The most interesting name is Pete Carmichael. He has been the Saints OC since 2009. If there is any candidate out there that I have trust in that can come in and kickstart the Browns offense its Carmichael considering he has a long tenure and experience while also putting together one of the best offensive systems in football for the past decade. Plus he was Drew Brees QB coach early on before his promotion for whatever thats worth with shorter QBs.

The Matt Campbell talk is hilarious. It's a perfect example of false consensus.

Here's the explanation: People don't have the time to research stuff so we go off of word of mouth via online or elsewhere. Next thing you know a name is spread everywhere like wild-fire.

Remember the name Sean Ryan (Texans QB Coach)??

One day no one knew who Sean Ryan was. The next, people think he's the best young Offensive Coordinator and mind in the NFL as a QB Coach AND the Browns have made one of the worst decisions ever by not hiring him as OC.

Twitter goes berserk... the HC and NFL hire maker Gil Brandt and the old guard are tweeting out superlatives about Sean Ryan and other candidates. Before you know it, all of Twitter is ablaze with this new consensus. Sean Ryan is there hero we've been searching for... a unparalleled genius offensive mind... the next Sean McVay guaranteed.

With Campbell, he's from Ohio. Had success as a HC at Toledo (so did Tim Beckman, Gary Pinkel, and Darrell Hazel)

He's had moderate success at Iowa State (going 8-5 after a 3-9 season revamping the program). This year they are 4-3 have won some big games against ranked opponents (WVU and OKst)

He has no NFL experience and not much HC experience at big time, high pressure programs.

His leadership is good in the sense that PJ Fleck's leadership and "row the boat" leadership is good at the college level. I've heard some of his motivational talks and they are not magnetic or natural a lot of times.

As a pure fundamental and program leader coach, he's thought to be solid in college and NFL circles.

NFL personnel members have enjoyed their campus visits at Iowa State due to the hospitality and how Campbell, the football dept., and his staff provide any and all things needed for visitors from the NFL in ways that is elite in organization and efficiency.

Campbell is not an Apex, next level CEO or leader.

He's a strong Offensive Coordinator with innovative play-calling at times.

THAT IS ALL.

Anyone that thinks he's our guy ... or he's an exceptional candidate or... his offensive mind qualifies him to be an NFL HC/CEO in the hardest environment (media toxicity, fans constantly catastrophizing of pending football Armageddon, bad ownership) ... these people that think this I have no clue what's so ever about what they are talking about.

If he's our guy, it would be an epic mis-hire for such a paramount undertaking.

Iowa State is 4-3 right now... they may not even win more than 7 games....

Your next Browns Coach

Meh... I'll pass

Iowa St will win 8 games this year. 

You critize him for his results so far for not  being better at Iowa state but his 8 wins were the most wins since 2000 when they won 9 and the next 8 win season happen again in 1978. If they win 8 games this year it be the first time since ‘77-‘78 with back to back 8win seasons

Darrell Hazell never coached for Toledo 

Archived