THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

If we win some games and see the offense show any significant improvement, what do people feel about the possibility of Kitchens as a head coach? He might not have the long history as a coordinator or HC, but there is something about the guy that gives me a feeling he is going to end up a solid HC one day. Anyone have a similar feeling?

50 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

If we win some games and see the offense show any significant improvement, what do people feel about the possibility of Kitchens as a head coach? He might not have the long history as a coordinator or HC, but there is something about the guy that gives me a feeling he is going to end up a solid HC one day. Anyone have a similar feeling?

Nope. At least not right now with the quality of available options. He's already had some concerning "The players have to execute what I call" quotes. He could be a good HC someday, sure, but I would feel awful about hiring him this year to be one.

51 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

Waaaaaaay too early to even think about it imo, but I loved the presser.

”BTW, I figured this would come up so let me just say this, I haven’t had any HC offers”.  Nicely played sir.

18 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Nope. At least not right now with the quality of available options. He's already had some concerning "The players have to execute what I call" quotes. He could be a good HC someday, sure, but I would feel awful about hiring him this year to be one.

That’s concerning? I took it as the context, that it doesn’t matter what the offense is, what the scheme is, it just comes down to the players executing what I call. No need for changes, the players just need to execute  I didn’t take it as him being arrogant that the plays will work no matter what just as long as the guys execute what I call. 

I think if there is success offensively and depending on who is hired as the HC that he could be kept on as OC. 

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Waaaaaaay too early to even think about it imo, but I loved the presser.

”BTW, I figured this would come up so let me just say this, I haven’t had any HC offers”.  Nicely played sir.

Gregg said he loved the joke as well. Amazing what a couple of days do to change the atmosphere in the building. Seems like there is a sense of relief that Hue and Haley is gone. Some joking banter is a live. Like what Kitchens said and what Baker has said to Gregg

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Gregg said he loved the joke as well. Amazing what a couple of days do to change the atmosphere in the building. Seems like there is a sense of relief that Hue and Haley is gone. Some joking banter is a live. Like what Kitchens said and what Baker has said to Gregg

Yeah ball busting and friendly banter is essential to healthy relationships imo.

If no one is having fun, it’s hard to succeed at things in my experience.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah ball busting and friendly banter is essential to healthy relationships imo.

I’ve told that to my wife before. She takes it too far sometimes though and I have to withhold sex for a time so she knows who holds the power. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If no one is having fun, it’s hard to succeed at things in my experience.

I don’t think hue and Haley had that or really had that kind of relationship with the players. At least that well of an open one. You saw Haley bust on Nassib but that was about it. We have at least seen the coaches mess with one another and we have seen Baker and Gregg. At least the attitude around the team has changed 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

That’s concerning? I took it as the context, that it doesn’t matter what the offense is, what the scheme is, it just comes down to the players executing what I call. No need for changes, the players just need to execute  I didn’t take it as him being arrogant that the plays will work no matter what just as long as the guys execute what I call. 

I think if there is success offensively and depending on who is hired as the HC that he could be kept on as OC. 

But all of that stuff does matter a lot. A well executed bad play call can still result in a bad play. 

A good scheme for one QB is a bad scheme for another. 

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

But all of that stuff does matter a lot. A well executed bad play call can still result in a bad play. 

A good scheme for one QB is a bad scheme for another. 

Taking it to serious. I was just saying Kitchens comments weren’t to be taken as him being serious. Him saying what’s holding the team back is their ability execute the plays. They too many mental mistakes are happening. If those things can be cleaned up, the offense would be a lot better 

Archived