THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

13 minutes ago, jonnytwoshoes said:

the issue with bringing in a defensive guy like eberflus as head coach is the browns OC position is going to turn in to a HC production mill as long as Baker is around. Rather hire Freddie and have some stability with their #1 asset

Welcome to the forum, have a like.

Could you imagine hiring Eberflus and bring in Kris Richards to be the DC...

Kitchens could be kept on staff because I don’t think anyone he worked with on the Cowboys or the Colts look like an amazing offensive coach to hire or to develop. 

One true thing I worry about Hiring a defensive guy and letting Kitchens control the offense. If or when Kitchen leaves for a HC job, he will prolly take all the worthy offensive coaches with him

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Could you imagine hiring Eberflus and bring in Kris Richards to be the DC...

Kitchens could be kept on staff because I don’t think anyone he worked with on the Cowboys or the Colts look like an amazing offensive coach to hire or to develop. 

One true thing I worry about Hiring a defensive guy and letting Kitchens control the offense. If or when Kitchen leaves for a HC job, he will prolly take all the worthy offensive coaches with him

Eberflus is a leaker. I don’t trust the guy anymore. I hope we don’t hire him. 

5 minutes ago, jonnytwoshoes said:

or a strategic leaker made it seem like eberflus is one.

How do we knows it’s a leak? Was he told specifically to not share info on who is suppose to be in the interview with him?

guy prolly got asked a simple question of who interviewed him or who was in the interview with him. 

Dude is preparing for playoff games and don’t think he was studying what Dorsey was talking to the media about their interviewing process

Just now, bosko1616 said:

How does eberflus know Kris Richards ?

Don’t think they have worked together personally  but Eberflus connection with Dallas and Richards being there now. They prolly can get hooked up together. Richard is only the Secodnary coach and Passing game coordinator, so there be no issue making him the DC

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

How do we knows it’s a leak? Was he told specifically to not share info on who is suppose to be in the interview with him?

That’s my thought, he may have just been answering a question directly.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

guy prolly got asked a simple question of who interviewed him or who was in the interview with him. 

Dude is preparing for playoff games and don’t think he was studying what Dorsey was talking to the media about their interviewing process

Agreed.

Just now, buno67 said:

Don’t think they have worked together personally  but Eberflus connection with Dallas and Richards being there now. They prolly can get hooked up together. Richard is only the Secodnary coach and Passing game coordinator, so there be no issue making him the DC

I’d be shocked if he’s not a coordinator somewhere next season tbh..

Man some great points made for and against Freddie being the next HC.  I will plant myself firmly on the fence for this debate.

Pros for Freddie being HC

Duh...he worked well with our franchise QB

Game planned well, and showed some innovation on O

He appears to be a "down to earth" guy that the team would rally behind

Cons

Lacks any type of HC or even Coordinating experience (outside of this year)

Is he ready for the big time?

Would being a HC take him away from what he did well this year?  I think that a HC has to be well-rounded and a leader of men, and be able to multi-task a boat-load of different things.  (handle the media, handle personalities of the players, handle the personalities of the coaches, make in-game decisions, make adjustments,) etc... etc...etc...

He's like the "hot chick" that you don't want to commit to, but you don't want her hitting the open market....cuz.....she gone.

Equating Freddie Kitchens to a "hot chick"....somehow doesn't seem right.

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Was basing my entire response off of if it was. Don't think we have any information besides someone reporting who interviewed. I lean that way too

16 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Man some great points made for and against Freddie being the next HC.  I will plant myself firmly on the fence for this debate.

Pros for Freddie being HC

Duh...he worked well with our franchise QB

Game planned well, and showed some innovation on O

He appears to be a "down to earth" guy that the team would rally behind

Cons

Lacks any type of HC or even Coordinating experience (outside of this year)

Is he ready for the big time?

Would being a HC take him away from what he did well this year?  I think that a HC has to be well-rounded and a leader of men, and be able to multi-task a boat-load of different things.  (handle the media, handle personalities of the players, handle the personalities of the coaches, make in-game decisions, make adjustments,) etc... etc...etc...

He's like the "hot chick" that you don't want to commit to, but you don't want her hitting the open market....cuz.....she gone.

Equating Freddie Kitchens to a "hot chick"....somehow doesn't seem right.

In the pros list is he coached for us last year.  The browns know much better how he interacts with players and if all those questions in the con list can be answered by him than we do outside the organization , and that they know about other candidates outside the organization.

Every team that experiences stretches of consistent success and stability have coaches that come and go. I know a lot of ppl believe Kitchens is gone after this year but I don’t think that’s the case. Even if we hire some one like eberflus I think we have atleast two years with Kitchens if not more because of the keyword consistency and stability. Did he consistently have us near the top in most offensive statistics since he’s taken over ? Yes. Did he stabilize that side of the ball ? Yes but he hasn’t done it long enough I believe to warrant serious talk for atleast another two years. Now there’s arguments that there’s been cases of OC leaving after one year of success ? Yes but most had experienced some sort of success somewhere else or at his coaching position. Kitchens has a ton of potential but I think we have two more years with him. And I know we’ve been a doormat for most of our “ Rebirth “ but this is what happens coach’s move on. As long as we have stability at the top we’ll be fine. We’ll find another OC and baker will adjust and be just fine. This is what happens when you start to get good. Ppl want a piece of the formula. There’s going to be a time when we possibly lose Elliot wolf and Alonzo highsmith and Aaron Berry. I’m sure Dorsey will have a plan. But I think right now let’s just approach each offseason like train. Let’s not make adjustments till something steps on the track. 

Archived