THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

59 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I think it’s kitchens or eberflus.  I think they put kitchens last to see if anyone blew them out of the water before they gave kitchens the job and eberflus might have

This is a fair sentiment and it may very well be how things shake out.

29 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

The first domino has fallen. 

I cannot say I saw LaFleur coming. Good for them.

The Browns have confirmed that they have in fact interviewed Freddie today.

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

For the love of god stop bringing up dabo. There’s been literally no mention of his name being interested in the nfl or browns. 

This is not a bad read:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/06/3-things-i-think-i-know-about-the-browns-head-coach-search/

Agree that it will be someone whose name we have not heard yet, or McCarthy.

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

For the love of god stop bringing up dabo. There’s been literally no mention of his name being interested in the nfl or browns. 

Not what the guy at the urinal told me. We been slow playing the search to be able to interview Dabo tomorrow.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

well duh, he doesnt want his guys getting distracted before the title game.I bet after tonight, he will gets rumors to pick up

47 minutes ago, bruceb said:

This is not a bad read:

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/06/3-things-i-think-i-know-about-the-browns-head-coach-search/

Agree that it will be someone whose name we have not heard yet, or McCarthy.

I think McCarthy is the back up plan. Feel like Dorsey told MM that if their homerun swing is missed out on that he will be the back up plan. That plan is a better than settling for the likes of Chudd or Pett.

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think McCarthy is the back up plan. Feel like Dorsey told MM that if their homerun swing is missed out on that he will be the back up plan. That plan is a better than settling for the likes of Chudd or Pett.

Agree.

Dorsey-like.

I'm really disappointed that thus far our coaching search has been restricted to "Young up and coming OC/DCs" ... that's par for the course in the NFL.

I would've loved to see some Special Teams Coordinators and some current position coaches with both past coordinator experience and/or reputations as next level leaders get interviews.

That would've displayed to me that our coaching search was really searching far and wide for our next decade plus coach.

It's especially disappointing b/c Dorsey and co. have had multiple more weeks to get prepared, but the list looks the same as many other organizations.

Hopefully there is a secret, private list that has yet to be revealed to the public. Outside of Pat Fitzgerald and Campbell I haven't heard any dark horse NFL candidates.

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'm really disappointed that thus far our coaching search has been restricted to "Young up and coming OC/DCs" ... that's par for the course in the NFL.

I would've loved to see some Special Teams Coordinators and some current position coaches with both past coordinator experience and/or reputations as next level leaders get interviews.

They will be coming or already are in motion under-the-radar.

I think what we have seen and heard about so far is window-dressing.

Archived