THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

If we hire a HC without interviewing other candidates, this HC search would've been a failure in my mind.

I understand that we can't announce the college football coach interviews, but again NFL-wise that we only limited our search to the young NFL whipper snapper OC/DCs in the league really  shows a lack of vision and depth/complexity of thought in those running the coaching search. We had all that time since Hue was fired and all we could think to interview was the young hot shots, Jim Caldwell, and Mike McCarthy.

Pretty disappointing.

I don't know why Kevin Stefanski would leave the Vikings as OC where he would be the one and only play-caller to come to the Browns to not be the play-caller. Unless Freddie was going to hand over play-calling duties to Stefanski. If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of hiring Freddie? Unless Dorsey and co. really believe that Freddie is a HC and program leader elite type candidate.

Is hiring Freddie Short-Sighted?

Even if it is ... is it the right move for the next few years?

This is a weird coaching search ...

Just now, big poppa pump said:

How does this work?  Are the "higher ups" gonna just hire a coach, OC, DC, ST?  Let's say they offered the position to Kitchens, is he having a say in all this, or are these guys gonna just get thrown together?  I'm not sure I'm cool with an "arranged marriage."

Depends on egos tbh.

If Kitchens is like “idgaf who the coordinator is, and this Stephanski dude seems cool, let’s roll”, I’m good.

If everyone is open to it, yeah, but I don’t want anyone forced on a HC.

Just now, Mind Character said:

I don't know why Kevin Stefanski would leave the Vikings as OC where he would be the one and only play-caller to come to the Browns to not be the play-caller. Unless Freddie was going to hand over play-calling duties to Stefanski. If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of hiring Freddie? Unless Dorsey and co. really believe that Freddie is a HC and program leader elite type candidate.

Make one more comment hinting at a negative opinion of Freddie and I’ll shine my shoes with your nuts.

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Stefanski is not under contract.

I don't know if it is his choice to leave Vikings as an OC where he would call plays...

Archived