THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I don't know why Kevin Stefanski would leave the Vikings as OC where he would be the one and only play-caller to come to the Browns to not be the play-caller. Unless Freddie was going to hand over play-calling duties to Stefanski. If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of hiring Freddie? Unless Dorsey and co. really believe that Freddie is a HC and program leader elite type candidate.

Is hiring Freddie Short-Sighted?

Even if it is ... is it the right move for the next few years?

This is a weird coaching search ...

He’s not. Just heard he’s a serious candidate. It’s between he and Kitchens. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Remember how disappointed you were on draft day?  😂 

One has nothing to do with the other.

We vetted the QBs completely, exhaustively studied all QBs in the draft, and Dorsey picked who they thought was the best.

The process was right and diligent.

In this coaching search, we have followed conventional NFL coaching search tenets: That is, look at the young hot OCs/DCs.

I was just hoping for a more complex and thorough search than that as some of the best HCs are not current OCs/DCs but Special Teams Coordinators, Position Coaches, and/or Assistant Head coaches. I just wanted a more thorough public search.

That doesn't mean we won't find the right guy.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Make one more comment hinting at a negative opinion of Freddie and I’ll shine my shoes with your nuts.

You're going to need a bigger shoe.

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Stefanski is not under contract.

I don't know if it is his choice to leave Vikings as an OC where he would call plays...

Good point.

Based on my research of Kitches......possible Dcoordinators.... based on him working with them previously....KC Rogers, Paul Pasquiloini, Ray Horton (GASP), Todd Bowels, Tyrell Austin, Mike Caldwell (Former Brown tight with Bowles),  Clanncy Pendergast, James Betcher and Donny Henderson.

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I don't know why Kevin Stefanski would leave the Vikings as OC where he would be the one and only play-caller to come to the Browns to not be the play-caller. Unless Freddie was going to hand over play-calling duties to Stefanski. If so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of hiring Freddie? Unless Dorsey and co. really believe that Freddie is a HC and program leader elite type candidate.

Is hiring Freddie Short-Sighted?

Even if it is ... is it the right move for the next few years?

This is a weird coaching search ...

are you gonna put your career on the back of kirk cousins or baker mayfield?
i know who i'm picking

27 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

How does this work?  Are the "higher ups" gonna just hire a coach, OC, DC, ST?  Let's say they offered the position to Kitchens, is he having a say in all this, or are these guys gonna just get thrown together?  I'm not sure I'm cool with an "arranged marriage."

Sometimes the arrange marriages worked. Don’t want to be too buddy or things stale like Green Bay or have things like Hue and Haley or work out for the Colts this year where they had the DC in place before the HC because of McDaniels backing out

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Based on my research of Kitches......possible Dcoordinators.... based on him working with them previously....KC Rogers, Paul Pasquiloini, Ray Horton (GASP), Todd Bowels, Tyrell Austin, Mike Caldwell (Former Brown tight with Bowles),  Clanncy Pendergast, James Betcher.

Hmm that Horton Guy sounds promising...

Archived