THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

I tend to believe a lot of what I hear from Ben Albright.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1082721261510410240

This makes sense.  I think with up and coming HC like freddie he would need a strong staff around him, and sounds like Stefanski would be a solid candidate.

I've been hearing talk about Minnesota going after Hue Jackson if he doesn't get the HC job in Cincinnati, which would mean they aren't looking to bring Stefanski back, who is now no longer under contract.

I don't know, however, why you would take a shot at a young, barely called plays, offensive coach from another team, when you have one you can trust in your building.

If you are taking a shot at a guy with zero head coaching experience, I gotta think you are taking a shot at the guy everyone in the locker room loves...

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Sometimes the arrange marriages worked. Don’t want to be too buddy or things stale like Green Bay or have things like Hue and Haley or work out for the Colts this year where they had the DC in place before the HC because of McDaniels backing out

Not saying it can't work.  I just think that once you finally get the opportunity to be a Head Coach, that you should be allowed to pick your own staff.

11 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I tend to believe a lot of what I hear from Ben Albright.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1082721261510410240

This makes sense.  I think with up and coming HC like freddie he would need a strong staff around him, and sounds like Stefanski would be a solid candidate.

I've been hearing talk about Minnesota going after Hue Jackson if he doesn't get the HC job in Cincinnati, which would mean they aren't looking to bring Stefanski back, who is now no longer under contract.

I don't know, however, why you would take a shot at a young, barely called plays, offensive coach from another team, when you have one you can trust in your building.

If you are taking a shot at a guy with zero head coaching experience, I gotta think you are taking a shot at the guy everyone in the locker room loves...

What if Stefanski is a better candidate to be head coach?

Cant lie between the two I think I would have to go with Stefanski. 

25 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Not saying it can't work.  I just think that once you finally get the opportunity to be a Head Coach, that you should be allowed to pick your own staff.

Also could be the FO doing the leg work and helping him build a staff as well. Freddie has worked with Zimmer  so maybe they have talked as well

19 minutes ago, mistakey said:

lol why?
got a big deal of inside info on stefanski?

Again I like coaches who have been on other staff or other franchises and have been able to learn from others. 

Stef has only coached for the Vikings. Freddie has been with the Cowboys with Prarcells. Cards with Wisenhunt and Arians, and here in Cleveland. 

Freddie’s background makes me believe he is the better candidate

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’d be cool with Freddie as HC. He doesn’t come across as a guy who would ever try to meddle with what John Dorsey does. Him and Baker get along incredibly well.

Freddie just seems like the guy who just loves football and coaching. Just like Dorsey seems like a guy who just loves football and scouting. Could be the perfect marriage. Where Baker just loves football and making the doubters eat shtt

Archived