THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Hotep Good Brothers.....

It's been a while, But Momma DaWg_Lb. is stable, and I should be around here more often now...

I played the Dream Case Scenario as far as coaching is concerned for me......This has a LOT of Madden'ness incorporated into this....but my DREAM coaching staff headed into next year would be...

HC- Freddie Kitchens

OC- John Defilpo

SR. Offensive Assistant- Al Saunders

WR- Adam Henry

RB- Ryan Lindley

QB/Asst. Passing Game Coord- Byron Leftwitch

Oline Bob Wiley

TE: Rick Dennison

Asst HC D- Todd Bowles

DC: Vance Joseph

DB: Teryl Austin

Asst DB: Jarred Kraus

Dline: Clyde Simmons

SR Defensive Asst./Pass Rush Coord: Rex Ryan

ILB: Winston Moss

OLB: Kevin Greene

ST. Coord: Mike Caldwell

Asst ST Coord: Josh Cribbs

AFC Title Game in 2019:D

I say flip of to defillipo

If we truly want to build a young up and coming staff and team I would at the very least interview Mike Kafka. I think he is a great offensive guy and going to be a great coach in the NFL once he gets his chance.

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

i want leftwich as OC. And I wouldn’t mind Vance Jospeh as DC

No thanks to both.

Especially Joseph. Is that ever serious. He took a very good Cincinnati defense and took a step backward. He then took a great Denver defense and has taken huge steps backward in each of the last 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

are you gonna put your career on the back of kirk cousins or baker mayfield?
i know who i'm picking

It's more about 1.) Call your own plays and get credit if it goes well in Minnesota VERSUS or 2.) Don't call the plays in Cleveland

The Vikings are one dynamic Skill player and some Offensive lineman away from being dangerous dangerous.

Kirk Cousins carried that team in many spots behind poor play-calling and terrible O-Line play. 30TDs:10INTs. 70% Completion %.4300 yds pass. 300 yds rush.1 TD run. Dalvin Cook will be healthy next year. Adam Theilen. Stefon Diggs.

Baker is great, Nick Chubb is great, our interior Oline is great, but depending on Free agency and the draft, if I'm Stefanski I bet a year as OC for an improved/healthy vikings offensive personnel group over Baker and a young and improved Browns personnel group.

It's close though.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Depends on egos tbh.

If Kitchens is like “idgaf who the coordinator is, and this Stephanski dude seems cool, let’s roll”, I’m good.

If everyone is open to it, yeah, but I don’t want anyone forced on a HC.

If Freddie is really who everything thinks he is then I believe he would be perfectly contend handing play calling duties over to someone else, and honestly I would prefer it. Not many HC are capable enough to run the show and call the plays. It is a lot on one plate.

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It's more about 1.) Call your own plays and get credit if it goes well in Minnesota VERSUS or 2.) Don't call the plays in Cleveland

The Vikings are one dynamic Skill player and some Offensive lineman away from being dangerous dangerous.

Kirk Cousins carried that team in many spots behind poor play-calling and terrible O-Line play. 30TDs:10INTs. 70% Completion %.4300 yds pass. 300 yds rush.1 TD run. Dalvin Cook will be healthy next year. Adam Theilen. Stefon Diggs.

Baker is great, Nick Chubb is great, our interior Oline is great, but depending on Free agency and the draft, if I'm Stefanski I bet a year as OC for an improved/healthy vikings offensive personnel group over Baker and a young and improved Browns personnel group.

It's close though.

we're one away too.  plus we got more cap space.  and not kirk cousins.

7 minutes ago, mistakey said:

2 years of qb coaching to 4 years
2 years of te coaching to 7 years
1 years of rb coaching to 1 year

i can see why

So what has Kitchens done that’s better?

From what I’m reading Stefanski has been being groomed for the head coaching gig for years. He was the AD at Penn.   Coached TEs RBs QBs. Very well respected around the league. AND he has an Ivy League education. 

Archived