THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’d care if his education helps him to out-strategery his opponent on a weekly basis. 

I say, we saw Freddie as an OC,  out-strategery his opponent on a weekly basis for the past 8 weeks. meaning he didnt need an Ivy league education to do that

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wait we saw Kitchens as a head coach?

See you’re stuck on Freddie the OC I’m trying to extrapolate to Freddie the HC. 

Now you are saying, what we saw from him as an OC, doesnt count for him being a HC

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah you just don’t get what I’m saying. 

What are you trying to say? How do you know Sref can  out-strategery his opponent on a weekly basis better than Freddy? He can because he has an ivy league education. So because he is more book smart than Freddie, it means he is a smarter NFL coach and therefor make a better NFL coach

please tell us how Stef is better, all you have said is resume but havent said anything to back it up

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I say, we saw Freddie as an OC,  out-strategery his opponent on a weekly basis for the past 8 weeks. meaning he didnt need an Ivy league education to do that

Now you are saying, what we saw from him as an OC, doesnt count for him being a HC

What are you trying to say? How do you know Sref can  out-strategery his opponent on a weekly basis better than Freddy? He can because he has an ivy league education. So because he is more book smart than Freddie, it means he is a smarter NFL coach and therefor make a better NFL coach

please tell us how Stef is better, all you have said is resume but havent said anything to back it up

Oh my word, I don’t care about calling plays. I’m more interested in freaking credentials for a damn head coach. 

13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The Staff I want to wake up to tomorrow:

HC Kevin Stafanski

QB Ken Zampese

AHC/OC Freddie Kitchens

------------

DC Steve Wilks (he's a fantastic defensive coach and teacher. Got hosed in AZ).

Swap freddie and Stafanski yes. 

Does Wilkes run a 3-4 or a 4-3? 

I think what @Bonanza23 is saying is the ivy leaguer might be more qualified to handle the overall responsibilities of being a HC better then Kitchens. Exclude playcalling from the equation entirely and concentrate on the other 70% of the job. Staffing, marketing, roster decisions, press, meetings, organization, discipline, leadership, politics .... there’s a reason Ivy Leagues are so well respected. Btw I like kitchens. I think he’s a fantastic playcaller for his short stint. But there’s a reason stefinski survived 3 regime changes and been with the same organization for 12 years. 

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Primarily and his preference is 43 with a lot of nickel 42-5 looks, but in AZ he had a "if it aint broke don't fix it" mentality and adapted a 34 defense.

That's cool, I like a coach who can do that over a 'my scheme' type of guy. Also 3-4 seem hard to fill out a roster for, there just arent many impact 3-4 des out there.

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think what @Bonanza23 is saying is the ivy leaguer might be more qualified to handle the overall responsibilities of being a HC better then Kitchens. Exclude playcalling from the equation entirely and concentrate on the other 70% of the job. Staffing, marketing, roster decisions, press, meetings, organization, discipline, leadership, politics .... there’s a reason Ivy Leagues are so well respected. Btw I like kitchens. I think he’s a fantastic playcaller for his short stint. But there’s a reason stefinski survived 3 regime changes and been with the same organization for 12 years. 

Thank you kind sir

28 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Primarily and his preference is 43 with a lot of nickel 42-5 looks, but in AZ he had a "if it aint broke don't fix it" mentality and adapted a 34 defense.

I would be concerned with the gigantic drop off in play from Deone Bucannon and how little he was able to get from Haasan Reddick. Both of them are extremely talented and exceptional athletes and Bucannon had been successful for several years prior to Wilks. I have watched tons of Bucannon's previous seasons and then this season because he is a free agent I had interest in. It was pretty obvious very early on that Bucannon was not being put in a good position to succeed in comparison to early in his career.

Archived