THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I wonder if we could get a Toub/McCarthy team up. Toub would turn around our ST and be the CEO while McCarthy handled the O and Gregg Williams handles the Defense for one more year. 

Toub isn’t leaving unless it’s to become a HC. He’s got one of the best jobs in the league. 

McCarthy wouldn't be my first top choice either, but I definitely wouldn't hate it. It would make a lot of sense due to his connection with the guys in our front office. I mean, the dude has struggled to consistently win with Rodgers as his QB, but he has still led that team to the playoffs many times. Green Bay has also had some pretty lousy defenses over the years during his tenure, which I don't see as being McCarthy's fault. And sometimes a change of scenery is just needed. I mean, look at Andy Reid and Kansas City. His philosophy was getting a bit stale for the Eagles, but he goes to Kansas City and instantly turns things around for them. Hopefully that would be the case for us if we did hire McCarthy or someone like Harbaugh.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah McCarthy wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’s won a ring and won his division six times.  He may not be a coaching wizard, but he’s hardly a complete bum.

You’re completely right about the dysfunction between the HC and FO being one of our bigger issues.  We haven’t had a HC and FO on the same page since Holmgren ffs.

Haslam is to blame imo with his absurd organizational structure. Idgaf if the coach answers to the GM or vice versa, but someone needs to be in control of the other, not each of them jockeying for power.

Which I hope will happen now that Haslam is fully listening to Dorsey. 

Not gonna lie I wouldnt mind a McCarthy as HC and Mcadoo as the OC. I think it could be awhile for Mcadoo to be a HC again. So success, he could be in Cleveland for more than a couple years.  When Mcadoo was the OC for the giants, he did have them as a top10 offense.m for two years before being promoted. Dude was just a horrible HC. Doesn’t have that CEO type of personality. 

4 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I believe that without A-Rod MM would have been fired a while ago

You could say the same with BB even if he didn’t have Brady. Tomlin without BigBen HCs only have long tenures when they have a legit QB. Reid was great with the Eagles when he had McNabb, saved his career there catching lightening in the bottle with Vick but once that fell apart, he was gone. 

Thats why the HC QB relationship is so important. You get the right pair and you don’t have to worry about either one for the next 10years. Browns have struggled in doing that the past 20years and has lead to the dysfunction. I think that’s why Riley is so loved because we know that connection can be successful because of their history

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

People will be upset no matter who we hire lol

I think people will be upset because it won’t be there guy but there is a lot of potential candidates that make sense. It take bad hire to get a board wide hate of the hire. Like Dorsey would have to hire Jeff Fisher or something like that or Marvin Lewis to get that much hate of a hire

Just now, buno67 said:

I think people will be upset because it won’t be there guy but there is a lot of potential candidates that make sense. It take bad hire to get a board wide hate of the hire. Like Dorsey would have to hire Jeff Fisher or something like that or Marvin Lewis to get that much hate of a hire

Another reason to like McCarthy is that he knows how to handle huge egos at QB. The dude has dealt with Favre and Rodgers. He’d find a way to corral Baker.

I realize the sample size is hella small, but I’d not be opposed to Kitchens being retained as OC if he continues to do what he did yesterday.

As simple as it sounds, our offense looked like it’s supposed to look imo.  I’d love to see the same system employed again next year so Baker can hit the ground running and really have a grasp of things.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I realize the sample size is hella small, but I’d not be opposed to Kitchens being retained as OC if he continues to do what he did yesterday.

As simple as it sounds, our offense looked like it’s supposed to look imo.  I’d love to see the same system employed again next year so Baker can hit the ground running and really have a grasp of things.

Consider also that this is the Chiefs defense. 

3 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Consider also that this is the Chiefs defense. 

I don’t mean the success, just the concepts and how the game was called.

We finally moved the pocket ffs.  Why was this not a regular thing?

Duke actually had some chances to contribute.

We ran what seemed to be more short to intermediate routes to protect the OL and Baker.

We had some creative playcalling and trickery to keep the defense honest.

When we were having success running the ball, we continued to hammer away.

We didn’t run it every time it was 2nd and 10.

Just a few examples...

McCarthy and A-Rod have kept the packers respectable. That owner and front office have done a terrible job drafting and surrounding Rodgers with talent. That defense is awful. His OL is Average. His RBs sucks outside of that one year with Lacy. and let’s not act like Adams and Cobb are special. 

I wouldn’t be upset with McCarthy. Obviously my first choice is Riley but McCarthy and Dorsey would bring us back to respectability. Idk how I feel about Mcadoo. 

Archived