Fitzmagic named the starter

Pickle Rick

Makes sense. Koetter wants, NEEDS, to win now and Jameis looks like he has no confidence. I mean look at the teams body language with Fitz vs Jameis. That’s probably even more magnified behind the scenes.

Idk if the Glazers gave input on this one or not. But sitting Jameis protects the team from him getting injured on the field and being guaranteed $21 mil next year. That could kill this front office’s off-season flexibility or severely limit a coaching search’s candidates. Makes sense on many fronts.

To be clear, Jameis is who he is and it’s not a Brett Favre who is a great gunslinger who throws the occasional turnover, it’s just a guy who has averaged 1.5 turnovers per game to date and 0 playoff appearances.

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Makes sense. Koetter wants, NEEDS, to win now and Jameis looks like he has no confidence. I mean look at the teams body language with Fitz vs Jameis. That’s probably even more magnified behind the scenes.

Idk if the Glazers gave input on this one or not. But sitting Jameis protects the team from him getting injured on the field and being guaranteed $21 mil next year. That could kill this front office’s off-season flexibility or severely limit a coaching search’s candidates. Makes sense on many fronts.

To be clear, Jameis is who he is and it’s not a Brett Favre who is a great gunslinger who throws the occasional turnover, it’s just a guy who has averaged 1.5 turnovers per game to date and 0 playoff appearances.

If the team is not paying him next year then they better be looking to trade him by Tuesday.  Jacksonville is a team that comes to mind

Honestly if we stuck with fitzmagic I see us winning the bengals and depleted falcons defense. That’s 5-2 right there. 

Koetter made the choice to save his job. In no way is fitzpatrick perfect or even a strong consistent starter but he’s the better and smarter option. 

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Say that again. He aint no damn brett Favre. Favre had a beautiful deep ball and put up crazy numbers consistently. So you could live with his 4 INT games. Winston just not the guy here. I thought you could coach up getting dumb mistakes or forced throws but I was wrong. Its just who the guy is. 

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Do we go back to Jameis when Fitztragic strikes again?

It doesn t matter because the man who ultimately will decide if Winston is on the roster next season is not employed by the team right now.  

When was the last time it ended well for a head coach playing QB carousel without injury being involved?  And no Hue doesn t count.  ?

12 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Fitz plays the rest of the year.

Look to move Winston. 

Who would take him at this stage? I doubt this regime is allowed to move Winston on. That will probably be up to the new GM/HC that I expect we’ll have next season.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

Ryan Griffin ?

He's been here for four years and hasn't played a single snap. ?

But when Fitztragic happens, I'd give him a look. Maybe he Petermans it and throws five INTs in a half. But that's not really worse than what we've seen thus far this season. ? Maybe he Glennons it and we think we've got something for a year before a draft where actual QBs are coming out.

26 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Who would take him at this stage? I doubt this regime is allowed to move Winston on. That will probably be up to the new GM/HC that I expect we’ll have next season.

Maybe true. I am sure all of the situations have already been played out months before. As far as teams... maybe Den, maybe NY. For a team trying to make the playoffs is the distraction really needed?

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's been here for four years and hasn't played a single snap. ?

But when Fitztragic happens, I'd give him a look. Maybe he Petermans it and throws five INTs in a half. But that's not really worse than what we've seen thus far this season. ? Maybe he Glennons it and we think we've got something for a year before a draft where actual QBs are coming out.

We’ll never know unless we put him in at some point.

I think the bigger question this week is whether Winston will even be active. I’ve not read the article on the Bucs’ page, so that might already be covered, but if he is, it suggests he’s not quite done yet.

Archived