Cowboys fire OL Coach Paul Alexander

TheVillain112

Apparently none of the Cowboy's blocking woes were Paul Alexander's fault. The linemen failed to learn his great hand techniques fast enough:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/10/25/gone-heaven-cowboys-o-line-coachpaul-alexander-sees-work-done-after-poor-showing-washington

Still, if Smith is unable to get his hands on a defender, he appears more susceptible to getting beat on the outside by a speed rush than in the past. Is that valid?

"I guess I prefer not to identify strengths and weaknesses of our guys,'' Alexander said. "It's probably not fair to them against the guys they're playing against.''

Alexander teaches a high hand, low inside hand technique designed to turn his lineman into stabber's or strikers more than punchers.

"Some guys have picked it up immediately, some guys it takes a little longer, some guys haven't wanted to mess with it,'' Alexander said. "Nothing ever happens as fast as you want it to. I'd say each guy is probably a little different that way.

"My thing is some of the hand techniques are great. Much of what I've done in my career is try to figure out a player and try to model techniques that are best for him, so they're all a little bit different.''

Image result for Jerry Jones Paul Alexander

7 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

It took the Bengals 20+ years to fire this awful coach.  It took the Cowboys half a season to figure out he ain't it...

Well to be fair , Jerry's taking the same approach, but with his HC so there's that!

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

For sure, but the cowboys make an art of scapegoating without dealing with their larger problems.

if I were a fan I’d find it demoralizing 

Some find it so demoralizing their in denial and think we're on the path to success. 

Archived