Ryan Fitzpatrick named starter

Elky

12 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Goodbye Jameis. No way he's on the roster next year. I wonder what their plan is moving forward. We know Fitz isn't the longterm answer.

What's the alternative? There are going to be a few teams in line for Teddy's services and the retread market is going to be pretty barren. Fitzmagic is a FA next year as well, so there's no real guarantee that they are able to bring him back as the starter, though I'd say that they have to be the odds on money favorite since he knows the schemes and players and has shown that he can play well in this scenario. 

I'm going to be fascinated in the way this plays out. I'd honestly be a little shocked if he was gone next year if only because it's the option year, so they really do have him for a one year and prove it type of scenario already. 

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We are here:
D - Demonstrate Value
E - Engage Physically
N - Nurture Dependence
N - Neglect Emotionally
I - Inspire Hope
S - Separate Entirely        

I am out of likes.. but LOL

"Dirk wont say no, they cant say no, they would never say no... because of the implication"

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Now, Saints have absolutely solid reason to franchise Teddy Bridgewater. lol.  If Brees decides to continue playing football, franchising Bridgewater will help move him out of Saints' division. Giants for 3rd? perhaps.

They don't have the money for that. They only have about 18 million in space next year (and that's with the marginal roll over from this year) assuming 190 million cap (which is 13 million increase, which is slightly higher than the steady 10m it has been increasing the last few years). They'd have to make some moves for sure to get around it, and I don't know if that is in their best interest to be honest. Particularly given that there's nothing to suggest that at this point in time Teddy is more than what a lot of people think of him anyway. While they do have some maneuverability with guys they can cut and space they can free up, I don't know how creative they want to get there. A franchise tag would cost an estimated 24 million dollars. 

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Shouldve never been benched

Yea probably not but they had to see what they had in Jameis....   

It is definitely going to be really interesting to see what happens going forward.  I think it will be tough and the next regime will probably not want jameis soo...  He could be gone next year.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

They don't have the money for that. They only have about 18 million in space next year (and that's with the marginal roll over from this year) assuming 190 million cap (which is 13 million increase, which is slightly higher than the steady 10m it has been increasing the last few years). They'd have to make some moves for sure to get around it, and I don't know if that is in their best interest to be honest. Particularly given that there's nothing to suggest that at this point in time Teddy is more than what a lot of people think of him anyway. While they do have some maneuverability with guys they can cut and space they can free up, I don't know how creative they want to get there. A franchise tag would cost an estimated 24 million dollars. 

More than 24m for sure.  Yeah, I don't see any way Saints can make room for that.  17m plus cap room with 37 players on the roster for 2019.  

Ah... Saints did converted Bridgewater's some $$ into 3 years (next 2 years are foldable). Is that allowable to franchise him if Saints miraculously expand the cap room?

Archived